Leicester City

Villan4Life

If you look at the points total though its not really impressive they definitely deserve to win it, but only because the likes of Chelsea,  city and arsenal have been shit this year.  Theg deserve this no question.

But boy will they be nowhere near next season. I expect them to struggle dramatically next season so they really need to enjoy this moment.

Ps delighted spurs bottled it :-)

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

At a time when villa are an absolute shambles, money has completely ruined football, the quality in the prem is at an all time low, England are doing the traditional looking quite good before a shit tournament, European football has become boring, international football has become near pointless, fifa and I throw in UEFA are utterly corrupt, the world cups were paid for, UEFA are ruining competitions chasing money....I get told every day how absolutely brilliant football is because of leicester

Sky might as well play everything is awesome for 90 minutes during the Chelsea game 

That is a throughly miserablist reading of the situation.

And I agree with practically all of it.

• Like 1

I cannot get over my jealousy, I cannot deal with it. I also cannot believe in the 'fairy-tale', bookies just do not get it this wrong. But if they have been using PEDs, that will need to be proven and as it is, there just isn't the required level of testing for this to happen. I think we may see something about PEDs next season or the one after (Sakho being the tip of the iceberg) which may call this season into question.

If I'm not mistaken, all Leicester have to do is match or better just one of Spurs' results over the next 3 games. If Spurs lose even once, the title is also theirs. So I'd say the title is as good as won for them unless they mess it up to epic proportions (which is highly unlikely considering they picked up 22 of the last 24 available points), and it's only starting to hit me how amazing that is. Yes there's a bit of envy, but there's hope as well. 90% of those players were playing Championship football just 2 seasons ago and now they're going to lift a trophy that takes on average hundreds of millions of pounds to lift. Congrats to them.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If you look at the points total though its not really impressive they definitely deserve to win it, but only because the likes of Chelsea,  city and arsenal have been shit this year.  Theg deserve this no question.

But boy will they be nowhere near next season. I expect them to struggle dramatically next season so they really need to enjoy this moment.

Ps delighted spurs bottled it :-)

Arsenal have had a normal season for them, yes others have slipped up, but you cant take anything away from Leicester they will probably end up with over 80 pts which is a decent amount of points.

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

True but I would have him on my team sheet every time I could. emoji4.png

Whats unlikeable to some is likeable to others. I tend judge players for what they do on the pitch rather  than off it. So for me Vardy is the most exciting striker in the Premier League. Not saying he's the best, I think Aguero is. 

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Leicester deserve it though im still waiting for that collapse people have mentioned since Christmas ;)

in fairness they had a mini stumble in January (drawing with Villa) when Vardy and Mahrez went off form but crucially they never lost the games and kept some momentum

You keep on mentioning the collapse that never came but 99 out of 100 times it happens. We won't be seeing something like this again for decades.

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

It's a good thing.

Leicester have never won a title in their 137 year history, to do it in this climate, where the biggest teams can spend 60-odd million pounds on one player is absolutely phenomenal.  In fact, you could argue that it just shouldn't happen, because of the huge disparity between the top clubs and the club who's only been in the PL for 2 of the last 10 years.

I'm also glad because of Ranieri, I've always liked him, he's calm, collected, experienced and he's been around the block a few times.

The downer is Vardy isn't very likeable, but that's a small price to pay.

Exactly. I'm also pleased because it shows that the "wisdom" that the only way to compete is to spend a huge ton of money on wages and salaries is not right. Sure money helps enormously, but what Leicester have done is show that other qualities and values remain the core reason and essence of doing well.

It should give hope and encouragement to every club that doesn't have an Oligarch or a Sheik in charge that if you get things right you can succeed. It's also notable that Leicester look after their supporters very well, too.

• Like 2

No love loss between us an Leicester, certainly...and even us and spuds.

But I'm well happy to see these two fighting it out for the top 2 spots, putting a massive **** you to the establishment and will be glad as much as I can be that Leicester clinch it.  With the villa out of it, the top 4 of the table is looking near as good as I'd hope it would be - icing on the cake would see Arsenal drop out the top 4.

There's some poet justice about seeing last years nearly relegated take the title this year and cloud out all the massive spenders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

True but I would have him on my team sheet every time I could. emoji4.png

you should find the VT thread where we were linked with him before the start of this season :) 

Mentioned it before but Leicester agreed to sell him to Sheff Weds in the close season , seems Pearson wanted to sell  (Walsh didn't for what it's worth)   ... ultimately the Sheff Wed chairman pulled the plug   ... and the rest is history

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

At a time when villa are an absolute shambles, money has completely ruined football, the quality in the prem is at an all time low, England are doing the traditional looking quite good before a shit tournament, European football has become boring, international football has become near pointless, fifa and I throw in UEFA are utterly corrupt, the world cups were paid for, UEFA are ruining competitions chasing money....I get told every day how absolutely brilliant football is because of leicester

Sky might as well play everything is awesome for 90 minutes during the Chelsea game 

Isn't it possible to think Leicester winning the league is great, and also agree with all the other stuff at the same time? They don't look mutually exclusive to me. 

Not to mention that Leicester have proven the antidote to that second point.  For years, teams of lesser resourcecs have gone out onto the pitch largely convinced that there was little point really sticking it to the big boys because they'd ultimately come up short.  Leicester have proven that mentality to be rubbish, and it's an excuse that will no longer fly with fans.  It can be done.  It certainly doesn't mean it'll happen all the time.  But with the levelling of the financial playing field next season, I think the randomness of this season's results and league table will become more regular than in the past when the top was dominated by the haves.  Now pretty much everyone in the Premier League is a 'have' in the global context, and the riches of the CL are a drop in the Premier League ocean.  For better or worse, that means everyone can compete.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PaulC said:

Arsenal have had a normal season for them, yes others have slipped up, but you cant take anything away from Leicester they will probably end up with over 80 pts which is a decent amount of points.

Yes, Leicester will probably end up with around 82 points (max of 85).

In the previous 5 seasons, the champions have got: 80, 89, 89, 86, 87.

So not the lowest and not that far from the average.

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Isn't it possible to think Leicester winning the league is great, and also agree with all the other stuff at the same time? They don't look mutually exclusive to me. 

With regards to Leicester probably yes, to the media fawning that will follow it, hell no, its not their fault and I've got no issue with them, I've got an issue with what will follow them 

Â