Leicester City

Villan4Life

As I've said Spurs won't beat Chelsea imo so they've practically won it now.

In an ideal world I'm sure they'd want to win it at home but the thought of them winning it at Old Trafforrd and LVG's face at full time would be hilarious so I'm all for them finishing the job on Sunday.

It's such an underdog story that I can't help but be happy for them. Also, much rather them than the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, Citeh et al.

This really puts the money side of the business into perspective as well.

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 3

Yeah but Villa got relegated so to be fair this season will not register with me it was written off at Christmas!

Fairplay to the Foxes but like the Cup Final in 2000 and 2015 I wipe things from my memory when Villa are bad!

• Like 1

Just now, S-Platt said:

Yeah but Villa got relegated so to be fair this season will not register with me it was written off at Christmas!

Fairplay to the Foxes but like the Cup Final in 2000 and 2015 I wipe things from my memory when Villa are bad!

I'm pretty sure I'll remember this season. Never before have I witnessed a team so utterly shite and calamitous as this Villa side. That in and of itself is for the history books. Topsy turvy season.

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

As I've said Spurs won't beat Chelsea imo so they've practically won it now.

In an ideal world I'm sure they'd want to win it at home but the thought of them winning it at Old Trafforrd and LVG's face at full time would be hilarious so I'm all for them finishing the job on Sunday.

Yes I wouldn't put it past Leicester winning it at Old Trafford. But they probably wont have Vardy again so I think they might get a draw.

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

Well from my POV it was only  7 years ago I was watching Leicester play Walsall in league one. That still gives me hope for the future.

I actually think that's been forgotten, it's not like Leicester are some long established team in the premier league like a West Brom or Stoke where suddenly everything has fallen into place, this is only their second season back in the premier league in the past 10 years.

Stuff like this used to happen all the time in the 70s and 80s, I think we all thought those days weren't coming back.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes I wouldn't put it past Leicester winning it at Old Trafford. But they probably wont have Vardy again so I think they might get a draw.

Didn't need him against Swansea, so I wouldn't write them off just yet.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Chelsea really want Leicester to win the league over Spurs so they will make sure they give their all on Monday to try and get a result.

Aye, I can see them being really motivated to do their part in denying Spurs.

2 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Guardian predictions for 2015/16

Eleven pundits asked, nine predict Leicester to be relegated and a tenth makes a point of mentioning them for consideration without actually predicting it.

I love that the first pundit in his most excited about section says: "I Believe in Miracles, the Jonny Owen documentary-film about Nottingham Forest, 1975-80, and the kind of implausible success story that could never happen again."

Spurs blew it tonight , there was every chance Leicester could have lost their last 3 games but it's done and dusted now Spurs won't beat Chelses regardless of any other results 

Freak season as its been with Chelsea finishing around 9th presumably the big teams will find a way to prevent this happening again ?

Leicester deserve it though im still waiting for that collapse people have mentioned since Christmas ;)

in fairness they had a mini stumble in January (drawing with Villa) when Vardy and Mahrez went off form but crucially they never lost the games and kept some momentum

Am I mad for thinking it's still going to go to the last day? Can easily see United beating them especially without Vardy and Everton getting a draw from them isn't out the question by any means, would need to beat Chelsea then wouldn't they if Spurs win their three?

At a time when villa are an absolute shambles, money has completely ruined football, the quality in the prem is at an all time low, England are doing the traditional looking quite good before a shit tournament, European football has become boring, international football has become near pointless, fifa and I throw in UEFA are utterly corrupt, the world cups were paid for, UEFA are ruining competitions chasing money....I get told every day how absolutely brilliant football is because of leicester

Sky might as well play everything is awesome for 90 minutes during the Chelsea game 

• Like 1

Amazingly we've been the better team for most of the match both times we've played. 

It's an incredible story, got to be one of the greatest achievements of all time. Very jealous of a fan base who love all their players, their manager, their owner and get to watch their team do what they've done. 

• Like 1

They are the most unlikely league title winner in Europe since the Premier League era began.

It's absolutely massive. Yes, there is some jealousy that it's not us, but a club has taken on the mega rich and won over 38 games. It's one of the more amazing sporting stories in my lifetime.

If you have some annoying mates who are Leicester fans I guess I could see how you'd be upset, but otherwise it's a great thing.

• Like 2

Â