Leicester City

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The group stage is worth £20-30m, each round after that is another £10m, the winner gets circa £80m I think

Why do want another prem team getting that?

I wouldn't worry about all that. We're not in the premier league next year, so it has no effect on us. it only affects the good teams - the ones in the top division.

15 hours ago, YLN said:

I have to assume you're joking.

In particular on point one and three.

Neymar is on 79 mil a year. Anyway point one is already happening. Leicester are going to be massive globally if they win the league.

Winning the league isn't going to instantly make Leicester 'massive globally' this comes with sustained success not just one fairytale story. They are still going to be well down the pecking order in terms of attracting players compared to the top 6 or so and of course other European sides who have demonstrated they can consistently reach champions league.

Edited by penguin
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, PaulC said:

sorry 79k week, which compared to the Premier League wages is low.

Add in the loyalty bonus he gets paid weekly for signing for Barcelona and his wage is closer to £300k. the 79k per week is a basic wage, it's all to do with clever accounting and paying less tax which the big 2 in Spain are very good at.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The group stage is worth £20-30m, each round after that is another £10m, the winner gets circa £80m I think

And that's before you then have their fans having that enjoyment and the team that prestige, **** the lot of them

The English 'market pool' pot for the group stage is shared between the English teams qualifying for it, with a higher proportion for the team finishing first.

I think the group stage is worth £40-50 mill for the team finishing 1st in the Premier League.

Yes so add that to tv revenue and extra merchandise sales they will be in a strong position financially. No reason to think Leicester are just suddenly going to drop off and become what they were. 

• Like 1

There are already brand new Leicester shirts visible all over the place in little old Adelaide on the other side of the world.

One PL win wont make them Manchester United in a global branding sense, but it's an enormous leg up that they can use as a springboard if they are clever.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2016 at 09:09, villa4europe said:

And that's before you then have their fans having that enjoyment and the team that prestige, **** the lot of them

Clubs can waste that money though... Liverpool were in the CL for a good few years under Benitez, missed out in his final year and didn't return for about 5 years, Man. United are the richest club in the world and are really struggling to even qualify for it most seasons nowadays, as we've seen it's not just about spending money but is the manager any good, are their competent people behind the scenes etc.

I'm probably going OTT saying leicester will go down next season but if you look at unlikely title successes we went down in the 80s 5 seasons after the title win and Blackburn went down 4 seasons after winning in 95. History suggests another relegation is more likely for Leicester than another attempt at the league.

Depends how far you go back in history Chris. Derby came up from the old div 2 and within a few seasons won the title, then a few years after that won it again. Forest, So history suggests the east midland sides at least  dont get relegated soon afterwards. To be fair in modern football there hasn't been another situation like Leicester. Blackburn bought the title. 

19 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

There are already brand new Leicester shirts visible all over the place in little old Adelaide on the other side of the world.

One PL win wont make them Manchester United in a global branding sense, but it's an enormous leg up that they can use as a springboard if they are clever.

With Okazaki being part of a Premier League winning fairytale, Leicester might just be the next big thing in the land of the rising sun too! 

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Just seen some of their transfer targets for the summer:

Charles N'Zogbia

Steven Ireland

Habib Beye

Alan Hutton

Shay Given

Ashley Westwood

Christian Benteke.

Martin O'Neill taking over from Ranieri?

Â