Leicester City

Villan4Life

8 hours ago, BOF said:

Wowww there.  Hold the horses :)

I wouldn't assume 2 wins against Chelsea at all.  Spurs in particular might come up against a staunch local derby away day with Chelsea intent on playing spoiler and with Costa back.  Newcastle in St. James' on the last day with Newcastle in all probability desperate for points will not be a gimme either.  I agree they'll batter West Brom and Southampton.  They're capable on paper of getting 12pts, but football tends not to work like that.

Leicester's key game is Man Utd for me.  If they can somehow get out of Old Trafford with 3pts then I think that's the league won.  If they don't, then I think the nerves could kick in and the games after that become much more difficult.  They're doing it without Vardy aswell.  Assuming Ulloa steps in, that's a completely different style of play required for the front man.  They should beat Swansea.  We'll see how it all looks after United.

The other thing worth mentioning is when they play.  Leicester play United @ 2pm on a Sunday.  Spurs don't play until Monday @ 8pm.  That's mentally tough for Leicester knowing all eyes are on them and one slip opens the door.  Spurs will know what they need to do in their game.

It's an old cliche, but I think there's an awful lot of football still to be played this season.  I just hope Leicester can hold on.

good points.

but if they don't beat Swansea... the pressure will be on

Some bookies stand to lose out by a fair bit if Leicester win. Be interesting now if spurs win and those big payouts don't have to happen..

I wonder what the 5000/1 bets can be layed off at. I'd be seriously considering it right now.

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

Some bookies stand to lose out by a fair bit if Leicester win. Be interesting now if spurs win and those big payouts don't have to happen..

I wonder what the 5000/1 bets can be layed off at. I'd be seriously considering it right now.

They will pay out on Leicester, but will keep all the money bet on all the favourites. Usually bookies want the outsiders to win don't they? 

Can't be many people backing Leicester to win the league before the season started.

Yeah doesnt matter who won the league out of Spurs and Leicester as bookies have cleaned up. at most I would say about 200 people backed Leicester at 5000/1 and most of them would be token 1 or 2 quid bets

2 hours ago, darrenm said:

Betfred have already paid up on Leicester. They might be regretting that action. 

Leicester City fan Leigh Herbert says he is able to afford a deposit on his first house, at the age of 39, thanks to the high-flying Foxes.

Herbert had a £5 bet at 5,000-1 last summer on Leicester to win the title and says he wants to hug manager Claudio Ranieri.

With the Foxes top of the table, he has been able to cash out part of his bet for £5,600 and will win £15,000 more if they triumph.

BBC

• Like 1

On 4/23/2016 at 11:04, BOF said:

Leicester will cost bookies ten million according to a report.

Only in terms of how much they will pay out on Leicester winning.  You can't look at that amount in a vacuum because the amount they pay out will pale into insignificance compared to how much they will have earned from all the people who have put money on Chelsea/Manchester City/Arsenal/Manchester United/Liverpool/Spurs (etc) winning the league.  

Rank outsiders winning is always good for bookmakers. 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well Done Albrighton, along with Ranieri the main reason hope they can do this

Didn't the player that came in for him do well though. Leicester showiing today they have a squad

Â