Leicester City

Villan4Life

In light of the fact  they will be playing both Spurs andnLeicester , I'm not sure that Chelsea players and manager should be publicly saying they want Leicester to win 

Edited by tonyh29

25 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

In light of the fact  they will be playing both Spurs andnLeicester , I'm not sure that Chelsea players and manager should be publicly saying they want Leicester to win 

Quite true really. Whats happens on the final day if Leicester need a win or a draw. People will accuse Chelsea of not trying if they don't win. Hopefully Leicester will win it before the final day.

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I hope Leicester appreciate Tim Sherwood and "the moment".

2-0 up against Leicester with 25 minutes to go and he makes two substitutions of such extraordinary incompetence that they both decided the title race and relegated one of England's biggest clubs at the same time. At that point, we were poor, but there was still some fight in our lot, the players looked shellshocked and baffled after Leicester came back to win 3-2, their faith in Sherwood was gone and we lost our next seven league games under him - leaving us where we are today. For Leicester, it cemented their bright start to the season, buoyed their already flowing confidence and gave them the ability to think they could achieve anything; it's a wave they've ridden all the way to the edge of the title.

Every year in Leicester on the 13th September they should erect a statue of Sherwood and we should burn it down. To me, that's a fitting memorial to the man and the incredible impact of his complete lack of any kind of tactical knowledge.

Good luck Leicester, enjoy the party and spare a thought for Tim.

So true sherwood the imbecile 

26 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I hope Leicester appreciate Tim Sherwood and "the moment".

2-0 up against Leicester with 25 minutes to go and he makes two substitutions of such extraordinary incompetence that they both decided the title race and relegated one of England's biggest clubs at the same time. At that point, we were poor, but there was still some fight in our lot, the players looked shellshocked and baffled after Leicester came back to win 3-2, their faith in Sherwood was gone and we lost our next seven league games under him - leaving us where we are today. For Leicester, it cemented their bright start to the season, buoyed their already flowing confidence and gave them the ability to think they could achieve anything; it's a wave they've ridden all the way to the edge of the title.

Every year in Leicester on the 13th September they should erect a statue of Sherwood and we should burn it down. To me, that's a fitting memorial to the man and the incredible impact of his complete lack of any kind of tactical knowledge.

Good luck Leicester, enjoy the party and spare a thought for Tim.

Totally agree with this, some might downplay it's significance to both clubs, but it was just as huge for them as it was for us. If we had won that game, it would have given the young players confidence, and that's is one of the intangibles paramount to winning. or at least not getting **** relegated. Sherwood bottled it in world class style.

I think our season has hinged on two specific points;

Sherwood losing the team after he said "today was the worst thing I've ever known.." - because instead of bringing on a defender to secure 3 points, or an extra midfielder to protect the back 4, he brings on a forward.

And then having spent no money and the transfer window closing. Remi downed tools and so did the players after getting some promising results.

The rest of the shit show is on the players for being a group with possibly the worst amount of fight i have ever seen.

For shame.

Widly off topic i know.

I don't think Leicester will see it quite that way. Maybe a bit of a catalyst for both sides but there was still about 30 odd games in the season left after that game. So really not the defining factor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Quite true really. Whats happens on the final day if Leicester need a win or a draw. People will accuse Chelsea of not trying if they don't win. Hopefully Leicester will win it before the final day.

Because Chelsea will roll back the months and smash Spurs next Monday perhaps? ;)

Trust me, Hiddink's said it, Fabregas has said and now Hazard is. As I expected the fans are also getting on to the players with their abusive chants about making sure they beat Spurs. No chance that Chelsea will play like they did v Man. City against Spurs. 

Sorry I know they will be up for the Spurs game Chris, I was talking about the Leicester game. By coming out and saying they want Leicester to win the league they have opened themselves up for criticism if Leicester beat them on the final day. Thats if the title isn't a;ready won which i suspect it will be after Everton game. 

I think the significance is hugely overplayed IMO. As is the blame attached to Sherwood, not saying he's blameless though. I actually understood bringing Gestede on as they were going hell for leather and he was bought on to make the ball stick when we had to go long, which unfortunately didn't play out. Teams have tried, unsuccessfully, to protect leads against them all season including Stoke the following game who were two up and ended up drawing 2-2, so it's not as if it would have been a simple matter of protecting the lead with bringing a defender on. Also the goals we conceded, that I can remember, weren't down to a tactical change but player incompetence; Lescott and Bacuna I think it was, doing a Chuckle Brother 'To me, To you' act and giving away the corner they scored from and comedy defending topped off by Guzan charging out like a moron and getting beaten by the smallest player on the pitch for their winner.

Leicester drew 2-2 the following game, back from 2 nil down as mentioned, and then were hammered 5-2 the game after that so I think it's a bit of a stretch to suggest we kick started their run.

Edited by penguin
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Sorry I know they will be up for the Spurs game Chris, I was talking about the Leicester game. By coming out and saying they want Leicester to win the league they have opened themselves up for criticism if Leicester beat them on the final day. Thats if the title isn't a;ready won which i suspect it will be after Everton game. 

You see in their minds they're beating Spurs next Monday so final day won't count unless leicester have a mini implosion and barely pick up a point. But basically at this stage any dropped points now for Spurs is a total disaster.

I understand why people are taking offences at the comments. However given some of the woeful performances by Chelsea this season how do you judge if they lose the final game to Leicester, Simply fact is this season Leicester are miles better than them.

I just think it's amusing, it's what football is about, taking digs at rivals although yes I wouldn't find it amusing if it was us rather than Spurs.

Â