Leicester City

Villan4Life

23 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

There are already brand new Leicester shirts visible all over the place in little old Adelaide on the other side of the world.

probably big Mark Schwarzer fans ;) 

• Like 1

I find it amazing that people can moan about Leicester winning the league in this day and age of football. It's an incredible achievement and you've got to be some kind of massive cynical grouch to begrudge them that. Why even bother watching football, really?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

I find it amazing that people can moan about Leicester winning the league in this day and age of football. It's an incredible achievement and you've got to be some kind of massive cynical grouch to begrudge them that. Why even bother watching football, really?

Exactly. I find it staggering that there are some people hoping they choke and don't win it. Leicester winning it is fairytale stuff indeed. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ryan. said:

I will think back to this achievement in 5 years and it still wont have sunk in...

Who remembers the term 'sky 4'?

Indeed. If you sit back and think, Leicester could well be champions. It is almost unthinkable. Especially in the modern era when only oil rich funded clubs can join the established elite. 

In the last 6 years Liverpool, Man. City, Chelsea and Man. United have all bombed out in the group stage, Man. United and Liverpool have done it twice. Arsenal really should've been knocked out this season if Olympiakos hadn't bottled it big time.

I really fail to see how Leicester could be more embarrassing than some of those clubs, does Andy think they'll get 0 points and lose every game 5-0 or something?

On 4/30/2016 at 04:34, Zatman said:

Martin O'Neill taking over from Ranieri?

It was a joke at how quickly a team near the top of the table can fall if you sign the wrong players with the wrong attitudes.

I think Leicester need to continue signing hungry players rather than big names looking for a pay day as then team shirt can quickly get eroded. 

13 hours ago, Ryan. said:

I will think back to this achievement in 5 years and it still wont have sunk in...

Who remembers the term 'sky 4'?

Arsenal are the only team left from that group and their fans are unhappier than ours! 

Elvis coming back to life had the same odds as Leicester winning the league at the start of the season. You can argue they should never had odds like that anyway, but it just goes to show how astonishing it is, and how impossible it was considered. Can't wait to witness history in a few hours, because I know they're going to turn over that terrible Manchester United side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Elvis coming back to life had the same odds as Leicester winning the league at the start of the season. You can argue they should never had odds like that anyway, but it just goes to show how astonishing it is, and how impossible it was considered. Can't wait to witness history in a few hours, because I know they're going to turn over that terrible Manchester United side.

I heard that on Radio 2 too :)  

I really, really, really hope they do it today.  If there's one positive from this shitty season is that the likes of Leicester can show the likes of Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal that money isn't everything.  Ranieri deserves all of the plaudits and I get a feeling that he may be a tad emotional today. 

Got my fingers crossed for them.

The only thing better than a club like Leicester winning the league is them making it official at Old Trafford and making the Man United words removed fans watch them be crowned champions.

It seems rather apt that the league champions could be confirmed at the same ground as our relegation was. Leicesters success makes me even more angry at our board, especially as they are a smaller club from the midlands. 

Â