Leicester City

Villan4Life

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The dreaded vote of confidence for Brendon Rogers today with Leicester now 11th and not looking likely to finish much higher than that.

They're an interesting club at the moment and hard to gauge.

What would you say is a successful league position for Leicester next season?

They should be top 8 or near it. I think they would have sacked Rodgers if they didnt win the FA Cup last season

Rodgers himself has lost the chance of the big job he is always favourite for

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They should be top 8 or near it. 

I think they'll be somewhere between 7th and 12th - but I have a feeling they'll see anything lower than 7th as a disgrace. 

The top six will be around the top six and then you've got the likes of Wolves, West Ham, Us, Newcastle  - I think the battle for a Europa Conference place is going to be much more impressive than the prize for winning it.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think they'll be somewhere between 7th and 12th - but I have a feeling they'll see anything lower than 7th as a disgrace. 

The top six will be around the top six and then you've got the likes of Wolves, West Ham, Us, Newcastle  - I think the battle for a Europa Conference place is going to be much more impressive than the prize for winning it.

They are 12 points off 8th at the moment. Cant see them catching up 

Rodgers has sense he focuses on Europe 

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

He has a win percentage over 48% for Leicester, got them into the top 5 two years in a row and won them the FA Cup. I think he deserves a chance to do better next season imo.

I think better will be impossible, that's the point I'm making. I think he's earned the right to do worse next year without getting the sack.

Leicester are starting a natural decline, but it's not on the manager.

Not been on their forums or know any foxes to know but I would guess that based on the last 2 years and the constant labelling of utd/spurs/arsenal as being shit by social media banter sites means they might see themselves as outsiders for 4th

Personally I think they're in the chasing 7th mini league with wolves, West ham etc and they're way off that now, it's been a bad season

That said there's probably about 7 or 8 fanbase that think they should be in that 7th place rate, some of ours included and Everton, Leeds etc people seem to think everyone is shit and it should be easy 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Leicester have had an unreal decade of success. Fanbase deluded

Yes be careful what you wish for.  They are struggling this season although in a lot of games they look the better team. 

37 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

They’ve been crippled with injuries all season. Rodgers has proven to be a more than capable manager. Two 5th place finishes and their first FA Cup. Rodgers Out.

It’s a football thing.

Smith gets us promoted, survive the first season but loses 5 in a row. Sacked. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Not been on their forums or know any foxes to know but I would guess that based on the last 2 years and the constant labelling of utd/spurs/arsenal as being shit by social media banter sites means they might see themselves as outsiders for 4th

Personally I think they're in the chasing 7th mini league with wolves, West ham etc and they're way off that now, it's been a bad season

That said there's probably about 7 or 8 fanbase that think they should be in that 7th place rate, some of ours included and Everton, Leeds etc people seem to think everyone is shit and it should be easy 

They were 3rd the last 2 seasons until the last few weeks and they threw it away on 2 occasions, was worst than us under MON. They had spent more time in the top 4 all season than Chelsea and United 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Yes be careful what you wish for.  They are struggling this season although in a lot of games they look the better team. 

Only 3 teams have conceded more goals in the league. No league win in 2022, even Gerrard managed that

Edited by Zatman

On 21/02/2022 at 16:39, Zatman said:

They are 12 points off 8th at the moment. Cant see them catching up 

Rodgers has sense he focuses on Europe 

For a guy who 'focuses on Europe', he seems to have a less than stellar grasp of the range of competitions his team might be involved in. 

On 21/02/2022 at 13:22, bobzy said:

It’s a football thing.

Smith gets us promoted, survive the first season but loses 5 in a row. Sacked. 

*hounded out.

We are the most deluded of all the fanbases in my opinion. Seem to think we have a god given right to success even though we’ve been shit for the best part of three decades. Seeing 1982 being wheeled out as an argument for our stature makes me want to scream. No one other than Villa fans thinks we are relevant. It’s a sad fact that I really hope can be reversed. Leicester are far more relevant than us.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Fofana has signed a new 5yr deal which is great for them considering the poor season they’re having by their recent standards.

Good player and good for the club (but cynic in me would expect a release clause to have been included) 

On 24/02/2022 at 03:42, Spoony said:

*hounded out.

We are the most deluded of all the fanbases in my opinion. Seem to think we have a god given right to success even though we’ve been shit for the best part of three decades. Seeing 1982 being wheeled out as an argument for our stature makes me want to scream. No one other than Villa fans thinks we are relevant. It’s a sad fact that I really hope can be reversed. Leicester are far more relevant than us.

Weeks ago now and off topic, but I disagree strongly enough with this I wanted to reply anyway. No manager has been sacked at Villa in my lifetime with so much anger and upset from the fanbase. Smith had some very vocal critics on here, but here and at the ground the vast majority were still behind him.

Hounded out? Nowhere near. Not even close. He went despite the wishes of fans, not because of us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â