Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

There is only one good thing about Dembele going to Fulham and that is that I have them backed to win the Championship. :)

You'll be gutted he's gone to QPR then.

Haha ffs I just seen someone post that he had gone to Fulham and reacted.  Another bogey itk  :P

Dembele! Anyone else feel dead inside when we don't go in for a really good player like that?

Not really, partly because there's nothing to say we didn't go in for him and partly because I think we would have a hard time attracting players who already live in London, a year on the bench at spurs followed by a year at QPR, says a lot about the player IMO him and Townsend (assuming all this media guff is true) can do a lot better, but they won't, that's English football for you

Dembele! Anyone else feel dead inside when we don't go in for a really good player like that?

We couldn't compete with QPR's wages they offer and let's face it that's what most footballers come down to at the end of the day, I hate to say it but QPR look like they will have a strong side this season, they've done well in the transfer window.

"Linked to Southampton. Don't see why we couldn't bring him in." Celtic would want more than we would pay and other clubs such as they would offer him more money jacketspuds.But I would rather they have him than our captain.   

Dembele going to Fulham on loan. Would've loved me some of that

What? He's dropping down to the championship? 

I have precisely no idea why I wrote Fulham, it's QPR

Maybe you was thinking of the young Mousa Dembele (French Kid) who already plays for Fulham? easy mistake mate!!

We couldn't compete with QPR's wages they offer and let's face it that's what most footballers come down to at the end of the day, I hate to say it but QPR look like they will have a strong side this season, they've done well in the transfer window.

Loans in terms of wages the maximum a player gets is what he gets at the parent club

Lifeless mate villa are much much bigger than fulham the board and manager are useless. Years ago youd know wed beat a team like stoke easily now you wonder who we could beat.

when did we ever beat Stoke easily? not in my lifetime anyway

just like January 2013 window?

• Like 1

I think Cissokho and Sanchez sort out two glaring problems. We still need, and have needed since Young & Milner left, game changers on either wing.

I don't think we have the money for that kind of player, however.

I like N'Zogbia and Grealish is options and I'm of those barmy lot who thinks Bacuna's raw athleticism is underused in that position, but I tend to agree with you there. I think Gabby's time as a starter is up and Weimann clearly shouldn't be playing there. If we can afford it (spit) I'd love a nailed on certain starter out wide, someone to get "bums off seats" as it were when they pick the ball up. 

A £10m player in other words. So yes, probably not going to happen. 

I think we need a striker more than anything right now (yeah yeah I know). We can't keep relying on Benteke and aside from Kozak who looks alright we have no other threats. And they're both out for a while yet.

The gums are currently in place but we're missing the teeth. (That's a metaphor there do you like it?)

I think Cissokho and Sanchez sort out two glaring problems. We still need, and have needed since Young & Milner left, game changers on either wing.

I don't think we have the money for that kind of player, however.

I like N'Zogbia and Grealish is options and I'm of those barmy lot who thinks Bacuna's raw athleticism is underused in that position, but I tend to agree with you there. I think Gabby's time as a starter is up and Weimann clearly shouldn't be playing there. If we can afford it (spit) I'd love a nailed on certain starter out wide, someone to get "bums off seats" as it were when they pick the ball up. 

A £10m player in other words. So yes, probably not going to happen. 

That's not even a Borini or Rodwell in todays market :(

Ideally and I do say ideally, I believe he would like to get one more in and perhaps one more on loan before the deadline.

A midfielder and a striker would be my guesses due to the absence of Benteke and Kozak at the start of the season.

We shall have to wait and see what happens and if he is backed to get any more, wouldn't surprise me if we don't see anything happen now until quite close to the deadline.

• Like 1