Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Yep, no "senior member" of staff would leak such monumental news like that to him or anyone else, for that matter. The leak would most likely have to come from a mid level employee who might not expect to be retained by new ownership.

I think maybe an AM/Winger, or possibly even a striker (who'd have thought it, after being so used to having strikers in abundance) on loan wouldn't go amiss. I can't see us signing any more permanent deals, but a loan would be fine since the main aim this season appears to be just to stay in the league to ensure that we stay an attractive proposition to a potential buyer, as well as not having to deal with the financial/emotional blow of relegation. Cole will hopefully do a decent job if he stays fit, N'zogbia will hopefully return to the first team strong and we're all hoping that Grealish gets a good run out as he's shown so much talent and determination during preseason, but maybe just one more attacking mid or winger to give us that extra option, or a striker to cover the time that Kozak/Benteke are out (or getting back up to speed) would be good.

As it stands though, in the situation that we're in, I think we've done okay this window. We've strengthened positions that we needed to strengthen (albeit some positions a little better than others) and have added some much needed experience.

Does anyone think we will bring in anymore this window?

Personally don't think we need anymore

Someone mentioned earlier that PL said to Pete Colley that one more signing was in the pipeline

Wonder if it'll be permanent or loan?

We don't really need "more" but we do need "better"

Yep this.

Suppose what the expectation is. To stay up, probably one more is needed and pray key players stay at the club and fit.

For top half football 4-5 are probably needed.

I don't buy that at all. There really isn't that much between say 9th and 17th. While I don't think top 10 is likely, it's certainly not impossible even with our squad as it stands now.

Top 7 on the other hand? No chance.

• Like 1

So true. In our current form, though, I would suggest Cissokho and Sanchez are probably the 'better' we're going to attract. A .good season, on the other hand, could make a world of difference to the calibre of players we can draw.

Edited by AValon

So true. In our current form, though, I would suggest Cissokho and Sanchez are probably the 'better' we're going to attract. A .good season, on the other hand, could make a world of difference to the calibre of players we can draw.

Lambert suddenly seems to be ticking all the boxes. Bringing back the bomb squad, bringing in players for the positions we need them, moving on his young and hungry failures, bringing in experience. Is this all down to him or is someone else pulling the strings?

It just seems that everything is happening at once. Anyone else having these thoughts, or is it just me?

Lambert suddenly seems to be ticking all the boxes. Bringing back the bomb squad, bringing in players for the positions we need them, moving on his young and hungry failures, bringing in experience. Is this all down to him or is someone else pulling the strings?

It just seems that everything is happening at once. Anyone else having these thoughts, or is it just me?

You could argue that perhaps he's now being allowed to impose his own transfer strategy rather than that of the club? It's definitely closer to the way he did things at Norwich which is hopefully a good sign.

Maybe a lot of it was down to Faulkner? Seemed to coincide with him leaving the club after all. 

Maybe a lot of it was down to Faulkner? Seemed to coincide with him leaving the club after all. 

Interesting thought.