Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Connor Wickham is available from Sunderland!!!

Straight swap offer for Weimann maybe? :)

Has been stealing a living for 4 years, has had about 4 good games in his career with 12 months left on his deal and now wants a big fat pay rise. I actually feel sorry for Sunderland.

The guy is a right cock.

He kept them up.
Deserves a pay rise.

Not sure f serious.

I'm serious. If I turned up to work 1 month in 4 years but in that month I saved the company millions I'd expect a pay rise.

Well, if you're being serious, that's not right. Football contracts - like all contracts - are promises of reimbursement for work to be performed in the future. If all they want to do is say 'thank you', they can buy him a present.

Yaya likes this.
  • Like 1

Has been stealing a living for 4 years, has had about 4 good games in his career with 12 months left on his deal and now wants a big fat pay rise. I actually feel sorry for Sunderland.

The guy is a right cock.

He kept them up.
Deserves a pay rise.

Not sure f serious.

I'm serious. If I turned up to work 1 month in 4 years but in that month I saved the company millions I'd expect a pay rise.

Well, if you're being serious, that's not right. Football contracts - like all contracts - are promises of reimbursement for work to be performed in the future. If all they want to do is say 'thank you', they can buy him a present.

But he could probably get paid more elsewhere.

Townsend would be an outstanding signing but his wage demands and fee would sadly be way beyond us at the moment. Spurs would surely not be willing to sell him in any case. However, if they want him to get some games under his belt and would pay a fair chunk of his wages we could take him on loan just to help them out...

I really cannot see this happening as either a buy or a loan.   

• Like 1

Although we have no money, sometimes transfers are  a question of musical chairs. Teams need to get rid of players to bring others in, and some players are willing to take a bit of a pay drop to get matches in either a loan or transfer if they believe they can kick start their careers. The nearer you  get to the transfer window closing, the more chance Villa could get  a few bargains, if they play their cards right. No matter how poor a side we are, we are still a premier league side and for players that is a high profile shop window to move to.

The guy is a right cock.

He kept them up.
Deserves a pay rise.

Not sure f serious.

Well, sure. There might be some mugs somewhere who are happy to award a guy a pay-rise because he performed for 5% of the time for his previous employer. But given he did 3.75 years of jack shit followed by a little bit of greatness at the end, we can either surmise he's brilliant but lazy (ie. unreliable), or useless but lucky (ie. a poor investment). Somebody who performed at 50% of Wickham's best, but did it throughout the lifetime of the contract, would in fact be a much better investment. 

The guy is a right cock.

He kept them up.
Deserves a pay rise.
Not sure f serious.

Well, sure. There might be some mugs somewhere who are happy to award a guy a pay-rise because he performed for 5% of the time for his previous employer. But given he did 3.75 years of jack shit followed by a little bit of greatness at the end, we can either surmise he's brilliant but lazy (ie. unreliable), or useless but lucky (ie. a poor investment). Somebody who performed at 50% of Wickham's best, but did it throughout the lifetime of the contract, would in fact be a much better investment.

Was he ever given a real chance though under MON?

Gnabry would be a good signing for us as he is 19 so he wouldn't take up a place in our 25 man squad.  I've previously stated that I'd prefer a proven top flight winger but I'd take Gnabry as Wenger rates him highly and he can play either wing or AMF. 

• Like 4

If we're planning a loan, I'd rather Townsend than Gnabry. <br />

As I said some pages ago, we should be loaning players who we could sign in a year or two, like Everton have done with Barry and Lukaku. Gnabry would be here for one spell and then, like Walker, return to his club a better player, never to be seen here again. We need to be loaning players who are not seen to be wanted at their own clubs, not players on the up that we'll just improve and then hand back.