Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Bendtner has signed for Woflsberg. Now let us never talk of him again.

I don't think anyone had mentioned him for a few weeks until you brought it up just now dAVe.

Just be thankful the nightmare is over, and we're not be linked with him anymore.

How much would Maxime Lestienne cost?

I believe bruges rejected offers from Galatasaray and CSKA Moscow a few months ago. Those were offers around €10-11. Safe to say we would not be getting him cheap.

If all the rumours were right about Lerner offering Lambert a 10 million pound 'warchest' then we have around 3.5m left to spend.

Anyone available for that price who wouldn't want more than £5 a week that can improve our team?

Edited by Delphinho123

How much would Maxime Lestienne cost?

I believe bruges rejected offers from Galatasaray and CSKA Moscow a few months ago. Those were offers around €10-11. Safe to say we would not be getting him cheap.

surely even we can afford more than €10-€11, that's less than £10!

If all the rumours were right about Lerner offering Lambert a 10 million pound 'warchest' then we have around 3.5m left to spend.

Anyone available for that price who would want more than £5 a week who can improve our team?

You've forgotten he might be able to reinvest the Vlaar and Delph money once they are sold :)

How about mudingayi? He's a free agent, has experience and is the type we need in midfield. Don't know about wage demands though.

He wants to play regularly and IIRC we just signed a better CDM than him about 2 hours ago.

I'd like to see us get a striker in on loan at least for a half-season, so that we can ease Benteke and Kozak back in and not have to rush them. None of Gabby, Andi or Darren look like they'll get many goals (though I'd be happy for them to prove me wrong, of course). Harry Kane on loan from Tottenham? He was getting regular games under Sherwood but I don't know if Pochettino will play him as often.

I think Cissokho and Sanchez sort out two glaring problems. We still need, and have needed since Young & Milner left, game changers on either wing.

I don't think we have the money for that kind of player, however.

I'd like to see us get another attacking midfielder/winger. 

If we could sign a £5m rated attacking midfielder I will be very pleased with this window, for the first time in a long time. 

Agreed. Gabby doesn't deserve to just inherit a place. He hasn't earn it and he doesn't have any competition. We need a good winger now and Weimann isn't a natural winger either i dont think. 

We're a bit of a strange one now at the moment. We've just about gotten a decently average player for every position in the first XI with some alright support. In terms of what we need, a right winger would be nice to round everything out, then from next year everyone in the team would be replaceable on a one in one out basis. Aside from Guzan really, there's nobody who'll be here come the start of next season who isn't replaceable with better without bankrupting the club. In that respect this is probably day zero in terms of the next chapter