The Boring Thread

Spoony

On 05/12/2018 at 17:11, mjmooney said:

I dropped my daughter off at work this morning, and realised it was exactly the same office I worked in (different job) forty years ago. 

When I worked in our Edgbaston office (2002 - 2018) it was the same office my Mom had worked in between 1970 - 1979. She only left to have me! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I can’t offer a single nomination for either the films of the year 2018 or the albums of the year 2018 threads.

Same. 

I still listen to Guns N Roses and watch Gremlins. I've got nothing! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

My mom's dad packed up and left the family home when she was 16 and she never saw him again.

However, she's recently been talking to a cousin she found on facebook who invited her to their annual family Christmas meet up.

My mom wasn't sure if she wanted to go or not and I was a bit nervous for her, but bless her, she took my sister and on Saturday walked in to a pub and was met by 15 of her aunties, uncles, cousins, nephews and nieces; people she hadn't seen for over 40 years.

She said they couldn't have been more welcoming and I've learnt a little bit more about my family history.

Turns out my great-grandmother was a gypsy who married my great-grandfather when she was 14 (using her older sister's birth certificate) and my great-grandfather was a bare-knuckle boxer who was in the Peaky Blinders!

I don't if that last bit's true though, because he'd have been over 100 years old when the first series was filmed.

This shouldn't be in the Boring Thread. It's great!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

My mom's dad packed up and left the family home when she was 16 and she never saw him again.

However, she's recently been talking to a cousin she found on facebook who invited her to their annual family Christmas meet up.

My mom wasn't sure if she wanted to go or not and I was a bit nervous for her, but bless her, she took my sister and on Saturday walked in to a pub and was met by 15 of her aunties, uncles, cousins, nephews and nieces; people she hadn't seen for over 40 years.

She said they couldn't have been more welcoming and I've learnt a little bit more about my family history.

Turns out my great-grandmother was a gypsy who married my great-grandfather when she was 14 (using her older sister's birth certificate) and my great-grandfather was a bare-knuckle boxer who was in the Peaky Blinders!

I don't if that last bit's true though, because he'd have been over 100 years old when the first series was filmed.

I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE A PIKEY!! :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Today's lunch salad contains 2 hard boiled eggs.  I almost put this in the 'Things that cheer you up' thread, but I figured in here would be a safer bet.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’m channeling the spirit of Jim Morrison again, and growing a full beard. Not an hipster beard, a full buffalo beard. I’m a month in so far. 

Far too exciting for this thread.   Tell us about your vinyl LPs.

• Like 1

The fact that i almost always look at @Brumstopdogs username & wonder why someone would call themselves "Brum stop dogs "? I mean, that name doesn't make sense.....then i re read it and I understand 😉

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

The fact that i almost always look at @Brumstopdogs username & wonder why someone would call themselves "Brum stop dogs "? I mean, that name doesn't make sense.....then i re read it and I understand 😉

Same here. See also 'James milner eat snails'. 

• Haha 2

On 25/01/2019 at 19:37, Rugeley Villa said:

I’m channeling the spirit of Jim Morrison again, and growing a full beard. Not an hipster beard, a full buffalo beard. I’m a month in so far. 

That's the way. There should be one type of people without a beard. Women. I'm 3 years in. Been trimmed about 6 times.

• Like 1

Â