The Boring Thread

Spoony

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

I went to the post office last week at around 2:30pm.

Is it called the post office over there? Or the postal office? 

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

I'm not actually sure. I will find out and let you know.

If you could clear this up it would be appreciated. 

Please post (lol) the result here and I will endeavour to check in at sone point in the future. 

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

That kind of curveball is not acceptable in this thread 

My apologies you are correct.

However I do take slight issue with the use of "curveball" which is a wholly American term that also has no place in this thread.

9 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

My apologies you are correct.

However I do take slight issue with the use of "curveball" which is a wholly American term that also has no place in this thread.

Good point, well made

I shall refrain from using curveball and use the UK equivalent - throwing a googly'

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Sorry, that joke is far too funny for this thread. 

Terribly sorry, allow me to rectify:

I recently bought 3 display cabinets from Ikea (Detolf in black/brown). My intention was to stand then in a row but after having built 2 and put them next to each other, they don't seem to sit perfectly flush. I'm not sure if this is down to the units themselves or if the floor is a bit uneven (if you pressed me, I'd guess it's the floor). This is now making me rethink where to put them in the living room, though to be honest the intention was always to have them in the 3rd bedroom once it was clear, so I might just start clearing it now and hold off building the last Detolf until the space is ready.

• Like 1

Much better.

Going home for tonight. Done our part. More than our part, in fact. Now I'm going to take a shower, put some fuel in my car amd then go home to relax with some FIFA19 before I go to bed. I play as semipro as I pretty much suck. But Villa are top of the table.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Terribly sorry, allow me to rectify:

I recently bought 3 display cabinets from Ikea (Detolf in black/brown). My intention was to stand then in a row but after having built 2 and put them next to each other, they don't seem to sit perfectly flush. I'm not sure if this is down to the units themselves or if the floor is a bit uneven (if you pressed me, I'd guess it's the floor). This is now making me rethink where to put them in the living room, though to be honest the intention was always to have them in the 3rd bedroom once it was clear, so I might just start clearing it now and hold off building the last Detolf until the space is ready.

tl;dr 

Well done. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

I intend to stop on the way home to pick up a couple of batteries for the tail light for my son's bicycle so that my OH will worry less when he makes the 1/4 mile ride in the dark with no traffic in the morning.  Then I'll probably add a program to our irrigation system so that we can have half the front lawn watered only every other day instead of every day since it's getting soggy.

10 hours ago, Xela said:

Good point, well made

I shall refrain from using curveball and use the UK equivalent - throwing a googly'

No ball!

Bowling a googly, if you don’t mind.

Over.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, il_serpente said:

I intend to stop on the way home to pick up a couple of batteries for the tail light for my son's bicycle so that my OH will worry less when he makes the 1/4 mile ride in the dark with no traffic in the morning.  Then I'll probably add a program to our irrigation system so that we can have half the front lawn watered only every other day instead of every day since it's getting soggy.

Where'dya live? 

Cali? 

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Where'dya live? 

Cali? 

Yup.  Silicon Valley.  But his route to school is just a couple of turns on fairly small residential streets and most people in our neighborhood work fairly close by so the traffic hasn't started up yet at 6:45 AM.

9 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

My boss owes me a coffee but she's busy so I'm making my own this morning

My boss owes me  £7 from petty cash because I had to park on the expensive all-day car park by Snow Hill station while I was moving some IT equipment. I'm glad you reminded me of this. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

My boss owes me  £7 from petty cash because I had to park on the expensive all-day car park by Snow Hill station while I was moving some IT equipment. I'm glad you reminded me of this. 

My boss owes me 41bgn because I paid for the students cooking ingredients for this week.

Â