The Boring Thread

Spoony

32 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Starting with 1 a4 sheet, can you please tell me how many sheets of a4 you can send through the new shredder at once, before completely knackering the feed, so you have to open it up and manually pull through the aforementioned wad?

My record was 16 sheets of a4 through the works shredder at once before I had to do that.

I reckon a decent home one could maybe handle about 10.

God speed des.

I only risked 4 x normal 75gsm paper.

With the more glossy 120-150gsm paper I only risked 2.

It took me 4 hours in all.

• Thanks 1

I went to Chipping Norton for the weekend.

The drive there took 1 hour and 19 minutes.

The drive back only took 1 hour and 14 minutes.

I put the difference down to being stuck behind a tractor on the way there for a large portion of my stint on the A3400.

Thanks for listening. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I went to Chipping Norton for the weekend.

The drive there took 1 hour and 19 minutes.

The drive back only took 1 hour and 14 minutes.

I put the difference down to being stuck behind a tractor on the way there for a large portion of my stint on the A3400.

Thanks for listening. 

Could it have been affected by the prevailing southeasterly tail winds Steven?

On my weekend I started boarding out my loft for extra storage space.  Last weekend I installed a new, larger loft hatch.  It was hard work, but I've laid a solid foundation for carrying on the work next weekend.  I bagged up excess insulation, which will lower my houses energy efficiency, which is a shame, but I need the storage space.

I also cleaned the rabbits out, weeded the front garden whilst my wife redid the silicon around the bath, which we believe was contributing to a slight discolouration of the ceiling paintwork in our living room. 

Quite a productive weekend, although I have felt the affects of doing it in my back, slightly. 

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Very possible. 

I should have measured my fuel economy. The tail winds on the way home would likely have been balanced by the slipstream behind the tractor and train of traffic on the way there.

In conclusion the difference was probably negligible.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Very possible. 

I should have measured my fuel economy. The tail winds on the way home would likely have been balanced by the slipstream behind the tractor and train of traffic on the way there.

In conclusion the difference was probably negligible.

Great observation, I've recorded that in me spreadsheet. 

36 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

On my weekend I started boarding out my loft for extra storage space. 

You're not going to bloody believe this, but I too have put some more boards in the loft the last few days.

Stamp collecting can get out of hand can't it?

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

You're not going to bloody believe this, but I too have put some more boards in the loft the last few days.

Stamp collecting can get out of hand can't it?

Shit man, you just made my heart rate increase.  This isn't the thread for that.

But thank you paddy, I had added this info to the spreadsheet.  And may I say, good luck with the boarding of your loft.

tell me, are you using 18mm t & p or 22mm t & p?  I went for the 22mm because it's got a better load bearing ratio. 

52 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

On my weekend I started boarding out my loft for extra storage space.  Last weekend I installed a new, larger loft hatch.  It was hard work, but I've laid a solid foundation for carrying on the work next weekend.  I bagged up excess insulation, which will lower my houses energy efficiency, which is a shame, but I need the storage space.

I also cleaned the rabbits out, weeded the front garden whilst my wife redid the silicon around the bath, which we believe was contributing to a slight discolouration of the ceiling paintwork in our living room. 

Quite a productive weekend, although I have felt the affects of doing it in my back, slightly. 

'Affects' is a verb. I think you may have meant the 'effects' of doing it. Incidentally, 'effects' can also be a verb, but in this instance is a noun. 

24 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Shit man, you just made my heart rate increase.  This isn't the thread for that.

But thank you paddy, I had added this info to the spreadsheet.  And may I say, good luck with the boarding of your loft.

tell me, are you using 18mm t & p or 22mm t & p?  I went for the 22mm because it's got a better load bearing ratio. 

I'll have to ask my dad and get back to you. He got them, you see.

I would guess that it would be 22mm but I don't want to mislead you.

On 19/10/2018 at 13:57, Paddywhack said:

Anyone had a chicken and mushroom pot noodle recently?

The consistency of the soy sauce is ridiculous now, it's like vinegar. 

No, but I ate a chicken and mushroom pie at the Swansea match but ordered a chicken balti pie.

I was going to complain but ate the pie and it was of a reasonable taste. When I bit into it there was a small surprise at first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another eventfull day at work has started. My boss left before I came in and hadn't locked his office. He asked me to do it. So I went down to the dressing room and got my key and locked it. I filmed it and sent him a film as proof. There's always something new happening here at work.

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I have to go to the post office today to send off my mobile phone redemption proof. I may go around 4.

I wouldn't go to the post office at 4pm. I prefer 10am

Â