The Boring Thread

Spoony

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

All without getting your tie caught in the rollers and ending up dead but with 5 copies of your flattened head. 

Thread ruined, I snort-laughed

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pelle said:

Yesterday a machine at work broke down and were down for appr 2.5 hours. Told my men that we had to put in an extra gear to gain lost time. So we did. Good times.

I remember when the photocopier broke down.

It was keen on the fax machine, but found out that the shredder heavy petted its mother board.

After much consoling, it is happier to move on once it was reminded there are plenty more appliances on the shelf.

2 hours ago, il_serpente said:

That's a bit racy for this thread, no?

Yes and no.

Humanising office equipment would either indicate I am bored, insane, or I work for Disney.

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

seriously though, look at this sexy motha ****

C04XI1HW8AATCg4.jpg

I love a dynatape gun, just sit there thinking up words

My grandmother still uses this. She recently typed up and stuck in the downstairs bathroom 'taps swivel left'. This was for the benefit of any builders or tradesmen.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AJ said:

I remember when the photocopier broke down.

It was keen on the fax machine, but found out that the shredder heavy petted its mother board.

After much consoling, it is happier to move on once it was reminded there are plenty more appliances on the shelf.

Exciting.

We have a printer in my office, but my computer is preset on the one we have in the main office as that one prints in colour, so I have to switch every time I want to print something on the one in the office I sit in. Sometimes I forget that. Have to walk down the stairs and down do the main office.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pelle said:

Exciting.

We have a printer in my office, but my computer is preset on the one we have in the main office as that one prints in colour, so I have to switch every time I want to print something on the one in the office I sit in. Sometimes I forget that. Have to walk down the stairs and down do the main office.

A very boring suggestion. Tell your management/IT that there is a thing on the market called "Follow Me Printing"

Edited by Tegis
speeeling

56 minutes ago, Tegis said:

A very boring suggestion. Tell your management/IT that there is a thing on the market called "Follow Me Printing"

Well, if I put it like this: We were told some years ago that we expect to get something called "broadband" anytime soon now...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pelle said:

Exciting.

Our photocopier in the office is out of toner. I had to go to the stationery shop in the city centre today, to make copies of worksheets for the class. I had never been to that stationery shop before. It was very expensive, but probably not enough to write about it in the 'piss you off' thread. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Our photocopier in the office is out of toner. I had to go to the stationery shop in the city centre today, to make copies of worksheets for the class. I had never been to that stationery shop before. It was very expensive, but probably not enough to write about it in the 'piss you off' thread. 

Did you have to pay for it yourself? Trying to figure out how angry you should be. It might be perfect for that thread.

23 hours ago, Pelle said:

Did you have to pay for it yourself? Trying to figure out how angry you should be. It might be perfect for that thread.

No i think he made the right call. 

I've built up a huge collection of letters/paperwork that are in need of shredding.

So I'm going to shred them in a bit.

Using my new shredder.

Edited by Designer1

4 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I've built up a huge collection of letters/paperwork that are in need of shredding.

So I'm going to shred them in a bit.

Using my new shredder.

Starting with 1 a4 sheet, can you please tell me how many sheets of a4 you can send through the new shredder at once, before completely knackering the feed, so you have to open it up and manually pull through the aforementioned wad?

My record was 16 sheets of a4 through the works shredder at once before I had to do that.

I reckon a decent home one could maybe handle about 10.

God speed des.

Edited by lapal_fan

Â