The Boring Thread

Spoony

3 hours ago, Pelle said:

I'm taking off my working glasses now to put on my other glasses and then I'll take a shower and then it's time to go home for today.

Why bother with the other glasses if they aren't working?   And why aren't they working?   Have you tried cleaning them?  It's almost as though you've done something pointless just to make your afternoon less boring.  I'm not sure you should be allowed to post something like that in here, as it's against the spirit of the thread.

14 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Pancakes consumed this year - 2.5

Zero for me.

I went to the shop and was going to buy some mix.

But then I remembered I'm meant to be on a diet. 

So I pondered whether I really needed pancakes. 

Then I thought "well I could just have one".

But I was buying an entire mix, so I'm not going to just make one pancake. I'l make 10 probably. And I'd end up eating at least half of them, split with my gf.

It was too much. Even though I did skip breakfast and have a light lunch. But even so, think of all those calories.

So then I went and bought a stir fry instead because it's healthy.

But then later I got hungry and had a couple of slices of toast with butter and jam.

Probably at least 400 calories there.

I could have used those calories for pancakes.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Why bother with the other glasses if they aren't working?   And why aren't they working?   Have you tried cleaning them?  It's almost as though you've done something pointless just to make your afternoon less boring.  I'm not sure you should be allowed to post something like that in here, as it's against the spirit of the thread.

Oh, bugger. I knew it was too exciting. I'm trying to learn what to post in this thread. I guess I'll have to keep studying it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Using a bullet blender for a spell got me wondering if they might be better than juicers? Most juicers don't like bananas. A big negative, perhaps a deal breaker?

Then tried orange, carrot and ginger in the bullet - Urgh, really not good.

Orange, carrot and ginger from a juicer is a proper surprise, nearly up there with the OMG of a mango lassi.

Except you could probably manage two OC&Gs and still finish your mixed grill and main course(s).

Two lassis can make a struggle of your dupiaza. Especially if you valiantly ordered a substantial side like a rich dhal or egg curry, a dish often swerved by softies at the table.

Conclusion: Juicer is king and a hand blender in the house is good for an occasional banana daiquiri or hard shake.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used cruise control in a car today for the first time ever. 

This, despite every car i've owned since 2006 has had it. 

Edited by Xela

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

I used cruise control in a car today for the first time ever. 

This, despite every car i've owned since has had it. 

I've still never used it. 

I'm scared of it. 

whaaaaatttt!!!

Seriously, I use mine all the time.

I've got that adaptive one that brakes and accelerates depending on the traffic in front of you. Weird the first few times, but once you're used to it then it's great. It corrects the steering to keep you in lane too.

There's hardly any point in me being there.

• Haha 1

Was hoping The Mrs was about to go to bed so I can watch an old GOT and some Villa things on YouTube.  Now she's appeared with my daughter and put the new Mary Poppins film on. 

I am so so bored.  Thank god for Villatalk. 

• 4 weeks later...

Started making rice pudding yesterday, then realised it wasn't pudding rice in the cupboard, it was risotto rice.

Used the risotto rice anyway. It came out alright.

Â