André Green

sir_gary_cahill

3 hours ago, useless said:

As it stands we've only got Jota and El Ghazi as wingers, even if we sign Trezeguet, that's only three wingers, all it would take is for two of them to get injured or suspended at the same time and we'd be short. So we can't really afford to let Green go on loan, unless we're bringing in another two wingers, which seems doubtful after Purslow's comments about 'two or three' more signings.

agree and would add jota is maybe cover for jack in the middle too (O'Hare is even higher on the list than green for desperately needing a good loan)

obviously depending on how he performs theres still a chance green plays 20-30 games next season, mainly as a sub

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He has the talent. We’ve all seen it.

A loan to a championship team for a season would do him a good. 

German teams seem to like English wingers, would prefer send him there on loan to develop his game if somebody was interested

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

He has gone backwards. I think this will be his make or break season with us

Perosnally I don't think he is good enough

He wont feature at all imo.

Edited by turvontour

Just now, Demitri_C said:

He has gone backwards. I think this will be his make or break season with us

Perosnally I don't think he is good enough

I think sometimes, you can wait and wait and wait.

He has been blighted by injuries, but he seems to lack belief and the "eye of the tiger " maybe thats linked.

He should be tearing that wing up, big powerful boy, but doesn't look confident beating his man.

something needs to trigger in Andre.....not sure its going to happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

He has been blighted by injuries, but he seems to lack belief and the "eye of the tiger " maybe thats linked.

He should be tearing that wing up, big powerful boy, but doesn't look confident beating his man.

This for me...he is ( or appears to be) inexplicably hesitant. His first touch isn’t great either. Ive seen him do good stuff, but yes, seems to have no real killer instinct.

• Like 1

I thought he was okay linked up well with Grealish and Taylor, saw a lot the ball albeit without doing anything amazing with it, and was always making himself available. That said in the second half I feel that Hepburn-Murphy outshone him on the left hand side, and wonder if he'd make a better fourth choice winger bearing in mind he can also play as a striker should an emergency situation. Ideally they both could with a loan of course.

1 minute ago, useless said:

I thought he was okay linked up well with Grealish and Taylor, saw a lot the ball albeit without doing anything amazing with it, and was always making himself available. That said in the second half I feel that Hepburn-Murphy outshone him on the left hand side, and wonder if he'd make a better fourth choice winger bearing in mind he can also play as a striker should an emergency situation. Ideally they both could with a loan of course.

I thought he linked up excellently, agree. Trouble was, he did so little damage.

For me he doesn't look like a wide player and is potentially more suited as a 10?  He has the beating of a player but not blistering pace to then get away but he does have a decent shot on him.

Edited by barry'sboots

20 hours ago, TRO said:

As you say TRO he's a "big powerful boy", but he still plays like a timid teenager. 

• Like 1

I'm going to buck the trend here and say he has looked interesting this pre-season. I have watched both games and whilst accusations regarding his end product are still relevant at times, he has an assist. He has been getting into some good positions, working the full back, cutting inside at the right times and has carried the ball well. 

A full season on loan would do him some good, but if we choose to carry him as a 4th winger for the first half of the season to allow our own coaches to get stuck into him I won't be alarmed. I still think he has a ceiling of 'average premier league winger' but he is a ways from hitting that yet, however I think the ability is there. Nothing has happened to change my mind on that. 

• Like 1

Getting to the point where I’m not even seeing the potential anymore. Desperately needs 1st team football and I think he’ll have to drop to league 1 to find that. As it stands it looks like he will be fourth choice option for us on the wing which is pretty bad news I think for him and us. 

He’s a winger who looks pretty incapable of beating his man. Not a good start. Plenty of young players who rip it up at junior level and struggle to make the transition. It’s such a big leap which is why so few make it. 

He’s still young so he might go through a Ronaldo growth phase and turn into a different player. I hope he does. 

I feel if he was ever going to make it we would have seen signs of it by now.

He wasn't good enough to be a Championship starter, and he's definitely short of Premier quality.

A loan would be right for him, but if he stays he would be 4th choice at best.

14 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Getting to the point where I’m not even seeing the potential anymore. 

5 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I feel if he was ever going to make it we would have seen signs of it by now.

He wasn't good enough to be a Championship starter, and he's definitely short of Premier quality.

Agree with both. 

Â