André Green

sir_gary_cahill

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Happy for him. I really did think green was going to be massive olayer for us. He looked like he had some real potential 

Think the injuries played a part

Me too.....one for the got it wrong bin, for me....I was convinced he would be good for us, but Hey Ho.

I am really pleased he is doing well.....I feel for injury prone players, when they have worked so hard to hone their skills, its a real tragedy to be worrying about breaking down all the time.

good luck to him, I hope he proves my initial thoughts right.

Edited by TRO

Andre Green was good for us in the championship and good value for a goal. I'm sure he would have developed a lot more for us were it not for injuries but it looks like its all clicked into place for him at this moment in time which is fantastic to see. He could definitely do a job for a championship level team at this moment in time, think he was doing quite good at wednesday but they had to let him go to their finances I think. A solid player for a lot of teams imo

3 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Andre Green was good for us in the championship and good value for a goal. I'm sure he would have developed a lot more for us were it not for injuries but it looks like its all clicked into place for him at this moment in time which is fantastic to see. He could definitely do a job for a championship level team at this moment in time, think he was doing quite good at wednesday but they had to let him go to their finances I think. A solid player for a lot of teams imo

The last thing he needs to do is move clubs and come back to England. He's 23 and he's got be on his 7th or 8th club.

He needs to stay fit and get a ton of games under his belt.

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The last thing he needs to do is move clubs and come back to England. He's 23 and he's got be on his 7th or 8th club.

He needs to stay fit and get a ton of games under his belt.

he should keep doing what he's doing, just saying he has the ability to be playing in the championship right at this moment. The fitness rather than the ability was what was preventing that. He is one to keep an eye on, i think he will go on to have a decent career, ultimately back in this country

I think he'll have a good life in bratislava / Vienna (still can't work out where he is based) and that should be more important than chasing 5 years at someone like Stoke, career wise he's fine too, CL qualifiers and league titles 

Maybe even bounce around Europe instead, end up somewhere like Sparta Prague

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

He had blistering pace when he first came through, and it was chasing a long ball (I think it was Bruce’s tactics) that got him injured initially. 

Glad to see him doing well in Europe and building a good career. Wonder if he has some ties down his lineage to another nation so that he get some international. I’m sure the Irish are always looking for players 😉

On 14/07/2022 at 22:55, TRO said:

Those were the days, when you went down Villa park and they knew your name.......😀

just kidding.

Back to Andre......really pleased for the lad.

In all fairness 2/3 of the crowd had left by the time he scored. Funny thing I remember about after that game was walking past the Witton and a couple of smarting Blades fans gobbing off that we were a mid table championship club which of course at the time we were. That was at the time near the end of February, incredible to believe what happened by the end of May

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Have they both already lost a game to get to here? 

Why are the Slovakian champions playing the Greek champions in a europa league playoff game? why not a CL playoff? 

They did in the last round

• 9 months later...
Â