André Green

sir_gary_cahill

On 11/02/2019 at 11:36, Khizzy said:

Adomah had a good season last time round but he's not been the same player this season, unfortunately.

Green is still learning, seems to be hungrier than Adomah (at the moment) and for what it's worth comes from the local area and is a product of our Academy, so probably understands the club and fan expectations more.

Green needs to play more games to get up to speed but as it stands he has the potential to quickly become our most dangerous winger. He's quickly getting there though, just needs to work on that final delivery.

You cannot go as many games has he has in poor form and just wait for his form to reappear.

When form is this fickle, they can't be classed as " good player".....when the " one his day " caveat is included with any player, it really means they are not quite good enough.

His age is against him, but he should be working day and night to get it back ( He might be for all I know)

When a player loses form but throws themselves in to everything, I can forgive them, but when they just drift through a game with a season ticket sticking out of their shorts, I get angry...yes Albert we are the spectators not you.

Andre is the future and we should pursue that, injuries permitting of course

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Well there's a fear with any player that they won't meet [insert expectation here].  But when I talk about progression, you've got to remember Green has started one solitary game for us this season, and that was the second game of the season.  So over-hitting a cross is to be expected and it's precisely why I think he has to be in the team more, where he'll find his feet and find his range.  We won't know which of us is right until he gets a proper run in the side.

He played quite a lot of football for Portsmouth and he should be kicking a ball every single day so I'm not sure it's a viable excuse for over-hitting crosses.

It's also not a new thing, there was a good reason he was sent out on loan and that's because in his only start this season he was abject, I actually remember how bad he was that day, could barely stop falling over his own feet.

He has something, that's for sure, I just think he'll join the procession of decent young players who fail here but find relative levels of success elsewhere.

• Like 2

No one was good anyway. Why do we focus on our youngsters and judge couple of minutes by them, when we see the experienced players doing as bad. I’d rather see bad performances from our kids than others.

We need to be fair, everyone saw how Bolasie and El Ghazi played when Jack was there and the team were firing. We need to judge Green then. Even Adomah assisted couple before getting injured.

I’d be more excited with him and El Ghazi than Adomah. But something need to get changed. Wether El Ghazi to go to the middle while Green and Adomah or Elmo as wingers. But especially for kids we can’t really judge.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

I havent saw anything to suggest to me that he will make it at Villa.  If he is the best young prospect we have then we are in trouble.

Actually forgot he had came on last night to near the end.

Usually not every prospect makes it in the next level. While some other players weren’t noticed as kids, yet they developed into a proper players.

On 14/02/2019 at 09:50, HeyAnty said:

I havent saw anything to suggest to me that he will make it at Villa.  If he is the best young prospect we have then we are in trouble.

Actually forgot he had came on last night to near the end.

I make you  right - I don't believe he has a long term future at Villa but would be delighted to be wrong 

I want the kid to do well I really do but just can’t see anything that makes me feel he has much to offer? Am I wrong? his crossing is woeful and I feel he goes missing to avoid the ball. When he has it I feel he dosent have the confidence to drive with it and makes an easy pass.

He needs to get stronger in my opinion but I never feel he is going to change the game for us. Yes he scored v Sheff U but even that game he hit 3 of the worst crosses possible.

Unfortunately we will be relying upon him next season so we really need him to step up.

Edited by Mark_1989

3 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

I want the kid to do well I really do but just can’t see anything that makes me feel he has much to offer? Am I wrong? his crossing is woeful and I feel he goes missing to avoid the ball. When he has it I feel he dosent have the confidence to drive with it and makes an easy pass.

He needs to get stronger in my opinion but I never feel he is going to change the game for us. Yes he scored v Sheff U but even that game he hit 3 of the worst crosses possible.

Unfortunately we will be relying upon him next season so we really need him to step up.

Unlike our other wingers I thought he ran off the ball a lot more and tried to get in behind tbf, rather than droppikg short all the time...unfortunately nobody can pass the ball forward for him to get in.

• Like 1

Â