André Green

sir_gary_cahill

He’s good enough just needs to start games consistently now to develop. Pace, skill and desire to track back, something I noticed kodjia wasn’t doing leaving Taylor constantly isolated. Took his goal well, needs to work on his crossing, over hit all of them. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Hopefully he doesn't trip over it and break himself again. 

I hope so mate, he is very injury prone. But he has so much potential. Smith is the kind of manager someone like green needs, not bruce 

• Like 2

Looked very rusty and then popped up with the equaliser. He’s certainly got a bit of the midas touch at the moment and seems to be a goal threat, which is more than you can say for most of them apart from Tammy. Let’s hope the rest of his game can improve and he has a good run with injuries for the rest of the season.

Edited by Hornso

11 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Agree that there is a player in there somewhere and given a decent run of games he may just come into his own but it's a shame he seems to be made out of balsa wood so we'll probably never get to see it

You can get away with one.....we have too many like that, in other ways too.

Edited by TRO

Green was awful when he came on.

I expect he got the nod to dilute the vitriol towards Smith when he made his great decision to bring on Glenn whelan, a defensive midfielder after going 3-0 down.

He thought I'll get slaughtered if I bring on Glenn on his own, I'll throw a kid on aswell those moaning clearings in the woods won't dare boo then.

But to be fair to Green he was in the right place at the right time and he certainly attacked the cross.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I'm very happy for him, hopefully he can kick on from here. He is a very intelligent footballer, and although he has some heavy touches and crosses that went to high, you can see that he has got that technique and touch that not many have. I'd like to see him staring games ad get a proper run in the side, I think he is one who can contribute to us playing more of a passing game than we have recently. 

19 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Green was awful when he came on.

I expect he got the nod to dilute the vitriol towards Smith when he made his great decision to bring on Glenn whelan, a defensive midfielder after going 3-0 down.

He thought I'll get slaughtered if I bring on Glenn on his own, I'll throw a kid on aswell those moaning clearings in the woods won't dare boo then.

But to be fair to Green he was in the right place at the right time and he certainly attacked the cross.

What a load of rubbish. 

19 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Have a look in the mirror pal. 

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

I'm really not sure what made him awful. He was busy, energetic and hungry. Yes, he overhit some crosses and is raw, but he was much better and more dangerous than Adomah.

And he scored 

I wouldn't mind him being that terrible again.

He’s an outstanding young player with a great future in the game. For someone so young, he promises so much, yes, he has some rough edges but I think the potential with him is huge, let’s hope we can keep hold of him

He's a tough one, I see similarities between him and Delph when he first joined in that there's just something about him but he's a little rough and I think once it all clicks in to place he could be a good player. That's why he was sent out on loan and its just a shame really that he got another injury and we had to call him back early because our wingers are just so crap. 

I don't think he's that good really (at the moment) but there's some potential there for sure. He has the raw attributes, he's direct, quick, fairly strong (for his age and I imagine he'll toughen up more with some more games and some more years) and works hard. His technique just isn't quite there yet but you can see he's doing the right things but it's just not working (overhitting crosses, misplaced passes) but you'd hope with a bit more experience these things will start to improve.

I think he could be a good player if he can get a good couple of seasons without a major injury, fingers crossed 🤞 

In what way was he “awful”??????? He came on when we were 3-0 down and parachuted into an utter catastrophe. He worked hard and got the winner. Give it a rest ffs. 

Edit: “winner” is the wrong word but you get what I mean!

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 09/02/2019 at 10:45, Tony said:

He’s good enough just needs to start games consistently now to develop. Pace, skill and desire to track back, something I noticed kodjia wasn’t doing leaving Taylor constantly isolated. Took his goal well, needs to work on his crossing, over hit all of them. 

I like to get behind the kids, but I wouldn't say skill is one of his great attributes. He struggles to control the ball and beat players. He has good pace though and does track back. Has that directness you need as well, but if he's one on one with a defender I don't expect him to beat his man with skill.

• Like 1

Â