André Green

sir_gary_cahill

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'd start Kodjia.

I get the concerns but I want Leeds not just to think mark Jack out of the game and nulify our game, give them more attacking options to worry about especially as it seems they have injuries at full back.

Fed up of us playing safety first teams in major finals and then everyone wonders afterwards why we can barely get a shot on target in the game.

Sherwood rolled the dice v Liverpool and it paid off beautifully. He then went safety first v Arsenal and we were outplayed from kick off. Less said about our approach to the Fulham game the better.

We're more likely to be on the front foot v Leeds with Kodjia starting.

All true but kodjia can go missing and will he work hard. Always been an issue with him.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

All true but kodjia can go missing and will he work hard. Always been an issue with him.

I think we're more likely to go 2 up in the final with Kodjia in from the start. He started the Leeds home game, set up Hourihane goal and we were in the lead so don't really see this armageddon for him starting.

If we're in control we can bring on Adomah on the hour to see the game out.

What I don't want to see happening is Adomah starting, barely doing anything (as seems to have been him in majority of appearences for us in the last year) and then Kodjia comes on with us a goal down with twenty left and he simply can't get in the game.

This all happened in last year's final if you want a reference point.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I think we're more likely to go 2 up in the final with Kodjia in from the start. He started the Leeds home game, set up Hourihane goal and we were in the league so don't really see this armageddon for him starting.

If we're in control we can bring on Adomah on the hour to see the game out.

What I don't want to see happening is Adomah starting, barely doing anything (as seems to have been him in majority of appearences for us in the last year) and then Kodjia comes on with us a goal down with twenty left and he simply can't get in the game.

This all happened in last year's final if you want a reference point.

We play Adomah....because he has a name badge at BMH saying winger.

Can’t start the final.

Yes he’s a youth player learning his trade and we ought to cut him some slack based on that, but he offers nothing at all.

Id try anything other than him starting. Even the old Bruce ‘lets play 4 right backs’ tactic.

I’ve seen enough to know that I would 100% rather start Kodjia or Davis.

He head had gone last night - can't recall him doing anything decent all night.

- hopefully he can conquer his nerves - still there is a decent player in there for the future..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

He head had gone last night - can't recall him doing anything decent all night.

- hopefully he can conquer his nerves - still there is a decent player in there for the future..

Yeh the occasion got to him. He is better than that.

He's hugely out of his depth at the moment. We've all played in games that are a standard higher than out abilities and it isnt a nice feeling. 

Badly needs a season playing every week at a lower level to see if he can make it. Very worrying for us that he's such a key figure given the level and importance of our current situation. 

Edited by villaglint

I don't think we should single out Andre Green here.

WBA made it largely difficult for us to get going all night by parking two united counties coaches in front of goal and how they were setup.

It was an ugly game and they were a nusense of a team all evening.

I also noticed Jack, Tammy, McGinn, El Ghazi and Conor also couldn't do anything.

Fwiw. I think Andre should be an impact sub in the final but I think it's a tad unfair to single out anyone last night.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, meregreen said:

Not gonna make it.

Maybe he will, maybe he won't.

For me, I'd like to get the play off final taken care of first and then worry about who will and who won't be good enough to be with us next season. - We don't even know what league we will be in yet!  ;)

48 minutes ago, villaglint said:

He's hugely out of his depth at the moment. We've all played in games that are a standard higher than out abilities and it isnt a nice feeling. 

Badly needs a season playing every week at a lower level to see if he can make it. Very worrying for us that he's such a key figure given the level and importance of our current situation. 

We were in a desperate need for wingers. Best thing for him would be to go back to Portsmouth in the summer.

58 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Based on what evidence?

On other games Ive seen him play in. 

53 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Edit

Take it you don’t rate him mate? ;)

I got the original post on email. :)

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

I think that is the key point......but the experienced version ( Albert)is no better......that's the worrying bit

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â