Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

nothing against Wes as i'm sure he's a decent player who will make some kind of impact for a few years.

But this has to be the most boring transfer saga we have every been involved in and we have real past form when it comes to drawn out tedious transfer sagas.

It surely beats Berson, Makoun, Bakke and Baros for sheer boredom.

Sky Sports Headline: 'Villa sign experienced player from club who didn't want him for more than they wanted to pay for the player'

Fans hailed the signing as: 'Meh' and 'I thought we were in for Snodgrass' and 'is Defour still coming?'

nothing against Wes as i'm sure he's a decent player who will make some kind of impact for a few years.

But this has to be the most boring transfer saga we have every been involved in and we have real past form when it comes to drawn out tedious transfer sagas.

It surely beats Berson, Makoun, Bakke and Baros for sheer boredom.

Sky Sports Headline: 'Villa sign experienced player from club who didn't want him for more than they wanted to pay for the player'

Fans hailed the signing as: 'Meh' and 'I thought we were in for Snodgrass' and 'is Defour still coming?'

**** it, well as long as the transfer is exiting thats the most important thing. Not whether he’ll fit in to our team, or rape us for wages or we’ll struggle to get rid of in years to come.

172.gif

Were more likely to sign Wes Sneijder because of the bad blood between Lambert and his former club

If Norwich suddenly do decide to do a u-turn and go against everything they have said it will be a last minute deadline day deal imo

Were more likely to sign Wes Sneijder because of the bad blood between Lambert and his former club

If Norwich suddenly do decide to do a u-turn and go against everything they have said it will be a last minute deadline day deal imo

but that sounds like the evil McNasty all over. am sure he said was no chance Lambert was coming to Villa and then said same about Culverhouse and Karsa

• Like 1

Its amazing how much furore this has caused. Its Wes Hoolahan FFS!.......Utd signed bloody Mata with less fuss.

to be fair, not our fault, Norwich's board have a lot to do with it!

Its amazing how much furore this has caused. Its Wes Hoolahan FFS!.......Utd signed bloody Mata with less fuss.

to be fair, not our fault, Norwich's board have a lot to do with it!

You'd deny their fifteen minutes of fame? :)

• Like 1

Giving my two cents about this saga, although I don't have any information about it at all: Norwich don't play this guy at all, he has a measly 418 minutes on the pitch this season. They know we want him, but at the same time we are direct competitors on level points and they don't want us to utilize him. Saying that, they surely want 1.5 - 2M for a 31 year old who's not getting games and that's just going to rot on the bench whilst collecting his wages the next year. They know we have a game tonight and we won't be able to use him for that game, but I wouldn't be very surprised if we signed him tomorrow or Friday. That way they keep us from getting the player tonight (and all the other games we didn't get to play him in January), as well as seeing us paying over the odds for him. Basically, it's better for Norwich to sell him to us on the 31st instead of the 1st of January, when we will pay exactly the same or more for him no matter what.

I think that if Lambert wants him and if we are ready to pay 2M or whatever it is, then it's 99% certain we will get him. It's negotiation 101. We want something they have but don't want, it's the perfect setup to squeeze some money out of Villa.

Has it not occured to Narch that with Hooli in the side we could well take points off the teams around and below us both, therefore doing them a favour?

I have a sneaky suspicion they would like to see us go down more than anybody else!

Has it not occured to Narch that with Hooli in the side we could well take points off the teams around and below us both, therefore doing them a favour?

I have a sneaky suspicion they would like to see us go down more than anybody else!

am sure McNasty would hold a big parade around Norwich city centre if that happened even if Norwich was to go down as well

• Like 1

Â