Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

Hoolahan will sign for us because he no longer wants to play for Norwich, no other bigger club wants him and the player wants to play for us.

It's a done deal or it soon will be. Just relax.

Your forgetting that Norwich don't have to sell, they'd prefer to keep an unhappy player than sell him on the cheap.

That's a fair point TLR but the present manager of Norwich doesn't seem to rate him and why keep an unhappy player who isn't going to get regular game time anyway.

It's only my opinion but I think both clubs will reach an accommodation for the player under the guise of an undisclosed fee which will save face for both clubs.

Hoolahan who I wanted last season will surprise a few people and give us a little more guile from the middle of the park and I will be astounded if we don't get him.

Lastest from Houghton 

Hoolahan was not in the squad for his side's goalless draw with Newcastle on Tuesday, after which Hughton told Sky Sports: "He is still very much a Norwich City player. It was my decision to leave him out of the squad.

"The facts are that there has been a bid for him, he has put a transfer request and both have been denied.

"He was included in the last two squads, and it was my decision not to today."

Lastest from Houghton

Hoolahan was not in the squad for his side's goalless draw with Newcastle on Tuesday, after which Hughton told Sky Sports: "He is still very much a Norwich City player. It was my decision to leave him out of the squad.

"The facts are that there has been a bid for him, he has put a transfer request and both have been denied.

"He was included in the last two squads, and it was my decision not to today."

Good to see you up and about Ray, but I'm not really sure it was your decision to leave him out of the squad. All the best

To be sure.

He's better than what we have currently but not as good as the kind of player I thought we'd be signing.

I think lamberts interest in other 'number 10' type players means he thinks similar.

What interest in other number 10s? Nothing was ever confirmed
He's said he's looked at other types and sure he confirmed we looked at kiyotake in the summer.

Yes, but maybe he himself thought they were too expensive, still not meaning that he didn't have funds to sign them. Not every manager is MON and think they should be allowed to buy whomever they want no matter how much they cost. Have you ever considered that?

Yeah that must be the reason. Signing lower league players and cheap foreigners but that's probably right.

Yes, he can still think they are better value for the money. And I think that he thinks they have potential to take us forward. But I should've known better. In your world everything not good enough is Lerners fault and you're using every little chance to have a dig at him and you won't ever listen to anybody's opinion if it differs from yours.

• Like 1

Hoolahan will sign for us because he no longer wants to play for Norwich, no other bigger club wants him and the player wants to play for us.

Your forgetting that Norwich don't have to sell, they'd prefer to keep an unhappy player than sell him on the cheap.
That's a fair point TLR but the present manager of Norwich doesn't seem to rate him and why keep an unhappy player who isn't going to get regular game time anyway.

It's only my opinion but I think both clubs will reach an accommodation for the player under the guise of an undisclosed fee which will save face for both clubs.

Hoolahan who I wanted last season will surprise a few people and give us a little more guile from the middle of the park and I will be astounded if we don't get him.

I think they'd rather keep him than strengthen us.

• Like 1

I think they'd rather keep him than strengthen us.

There is that. Ideally they don't want to be strengthening a (direct) rival. I'd like to think we're not a direct rival of theirs, but in reality, and looking at the points tally, I guess we are. So then Norwich have to decide whether they want to cash in now or keep a seriously unhappy player who is not comntributing to them or in their managers plans.

Plus, it seems obvious that Hughton doesn't rate him, so surely he thinks selling him to us won't improve us.

Then there's the factor or them not wanting to do business with Lambert.

For those reasons, I doubt he'll come. They may well cut off their nose to spite their face.

Yup it looks like Hughton was sending a message by not even including him on the bench. That he is in control and poor old Wes can rot for all he cares. That's only going to encourage Hoolahan to move though and could backfire badly if lots of the squad prefer Hoolahan to Hughton! 

They're essentially trying to show us they don't need or want to sell and can do whatever they like, in an effort to either inflate the price or tell us to jog on.

Looks to be difficult to me, the player wants to come, we want him, but Norwich don't want to do business and Hughton doesn't care if Hoolahan is in teh squad or not. Which is a bit weird seeing how they played last night.

have to say I used to like Norwich before this petty issue but this is definite a case of small club syndrome. I could understand if he was a key player and played every game but the manager doesnt even rate him though thats more down to him being the 2nd coming of McLeish

Hughton today:

Wes Hoolahan was left out of City squad after a build up dominated by his future but Hughton insisted the club’s tough stance had not changed regarding the Irishman ahead of Friday’s transfer deadline day. City rejected Hoolahan’s transfer request last week following an initial enquiry from Aston Villa.

“It was my decision,” said Hughton. “We are all clear what the facts are. There was a bid and a transfer request and we turned both down. I’ve involved him in two previous games but felt it was something that might affect this game and could be on Wes’ mind. The facts are no different. There has been no change.”

Hell if I know whats happening.

If it really was just all about money they probably should have just told us we need to pay $X to get him. Doing what they've done is more likely to ruin squad harmony or just shows that they don't have full faith in the manager that doesn't want to play him. 

Â