What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

and there's a dolphin jumping out the gravy at the bottom

D'you know what. I was very sensitive to the delicate nature of some of my fellow VTers when arranging the instagram like nature of m'picture. I carefully avoided placing the onions onto the plate, to spare @OutByEaster? and I carefully poured the gravy well away from the fish, to spare oh so many of you from nightmares, but still you comment in this way. I think it's most unkind 🐟

3 hours ago, blandy said:

D'you know what. I was very sensitive to the delicate nature of some of my fellow VTers when arranging the instagram like nature of m'picture. I carefully avoided placing the onions onto the plate, to spare @OutByEaster? and I carefully poured the gravy well away from the fish, to spare oh so many of you from nightmares, but still you comment in this way. I think it's most unkind 🐟

i think it's fair to recognise the efforts you've gone to, it's important i think to encourage progress; the gravy separation is particularly welcome. We've a long way to go, but it's a start - next time out let's try moving the onions further away - perhaps Lincolnshire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Went for an Afghan meal last night.

It's not a million miles away from Indian and Pakistani food, but more meat and less heat.

The heat comes to the table separately looking like this, in red or green.

RedChutney.jpg.1aea39116bdd8e2a3f91700c8cb14444.jpg

You might have enjoyed the meal we had last night, @mjmooney?

• Like 1

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Only if the kebab is in a sandwich ;) that's probably an unnecessary amount of bread though

Kebab is served as a sandwich though... Its meat and salad between sliced bread

You don't need butter as you've got the grease of the meat and the wet of the sauce

A bit like how you don't need butte Ron a bacon sandwich

😂

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Kebab is served as a sandwich though... Its meat and salad between sliced bread

You don't need butter as you've got the grease of the meat and the wet of the sauce

A bit like how you don't need butte Ron a bacon sandwich

😂

Yeah I'm talking about putting the whole kebab inside more bread, buttered this time, sandwicheption.

• Like 1

A monthly, last Friday treat - bacon, sausage, egg, mushroom, brown sauce and separate hash browns on toasted white double decker bread.

Effing heaven ! Won't eat again til tonight 

20231027_081305.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

A monthly, last Friday treat - bacon, sausage, egg, mushroom, brown sauce and separate hash browns on toasted white double decker bread.

Effing heaven ! Won't eat again til tonight 

20231027_081305.jpg

That must leave some stains.

Just not sure it should be toasted…

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

That must leave some stains.

Just not sure it should be toasted…

Actually no but I know what you mean. Toasting the bread makes it more resilient and doesn't rip or break when biting into it; the egg yolk ain't runny but still full of flavour 

I just want to sleep it off now !

Edited by mottaloo

2 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Actually no but I know what you mean. Toasting the bread makes it more resilient and doesn't rip or break when biting into it; the egg yolk ain't runny but still full of flavour 

I just want to sleep it off now !

That’s it, I’m out.

• Haha 1

Â