Celebrities' Real Personalities

darrenm

Bobby Ball, the absolute worst celebrity I have met, born again christian without a christian bone in his body. Peter Simon, a lovely lovely man. The grumbleweeds, all fantastic. Bobby Davro, horrible man, wouldnt trust him to be alone with a woman. Spend a lot of the 90's in the company of entertainers of this ilk. Will try and remember more later.

Bobby Ball, the absolute worst celebrity I have met, born again christian without a christian bone in his body. Peter Simon, a lovely lovely man. The grumbleweeds, all fantastic. Bobby Davro, horrible man, wouldnt trust him to be alone with a woman. Spend a lot of the 90's in the company of entertainers of this ilk. Will try and remember more later.

A friend of mine is a Theatre Technician, and I can confirm you are correct about Bobby Ball, and The Grumbleweeds. I've met a fair few z list Celebes through his work, and most are just normal people. Paul Daniels was a surprisingly decent chap, as I'd heard he was a t*sser. The Chuckle Brothers are an odd pair. The smaller one especially. Also I'm not sure if he counts as a celebrity, but Chico (of X Factor fame), is a bloody lovely fellow, if a little dim.

Anybody see Bobby Ball on Pointless Celebrities (oh, the irony) last week?

Paired with Lee Mack, and trying to raise money for charities.

First question - words ending in "-son".

Bobby Ball's answer: "appleson". Er, no.

Out they went in the first round. You could see Lee Mack looking at him in utter disbelief.

Burt Weedon, love him, stayed at the hotel where I worked for a few summer seasons.

Thoroughly lovely but with a really bad custard cream habit. Keep the little 3 packs of hotel custard creams flowing and he would chat all day.

Burt Weedon, love him, stayed at the hotel where I worked for a few summer seasons.

Thoroughly lovely but with a really bad custard cream habit. Keep the little 3 packs of hotel custard creams flowing and he would chat all day.

Did you Play in a Day?

Had a drink or two with Erroll Brown from Hot Chocolate......nice bloke and speaks proper posh.

Met Frank Carson, the Hollies and recently Prince Charles, who has a deceptive sense of humour.

Saw Charlie Dimmock on the train last year and she has some fine chesticulars.

Oh, and lost my old dog in Sutton Park one time, only to find him flat on his back, having his belly stroked by Graham Taylor!

Had a drink or two with Erroll Brown from Hot Chocolate......nice bloke and speaks proper posh.

Met Frank Carson, the Hollies and recently Prince Charles, who has a deceptive sense of humour.

Saw Charlie Dimmock on the train last year and she has some fine chesticulars.

Oh, and lost my old dog in Sutton Park one time, only to find him flat on his back, having his belly stroked by Graham Taylor!

I've had a piss next to Graham Taylor and he asked me if I was following him and I swear he sneaked a look.

A few more to add to the list.

The Specials (minus Hall) were legendarily good fun. Passing round a bottle of rum on the bus for an airport transfer.

Sgt Bob Crier off The Bill is really nice too apparently. Was staying in the same hotel as my parents in France (he was touring around with his wife on their matching Goldwings) and they changed their itinerary to take my folks out for the day.

Benito Carbone was lovely too. Cracking wife as well.

Regards Davro, he has admitted being a swinger, so no surprise in not leaving him alone in a room with women.   I once sat in a meeting with Uri Geller. The paranormal magazine I was designer of was in talks to be endorsed by him. Nice guy but total showman.

Edited by stewiek2

Â