Celebrities' Real Personalities

darrenm

This is kindof a second hand story, but never mind:

A bloke at work a few years ago found out I was a Villa fan. He said he had a soft spot for Villa because he'd worked for a catering company on a mine in Western Australia and his boss was this easygoing, modest, likeable bloke called Ken McNaught. As an Aussie, the guy had no idea who he was.

Then one day (I think maybe 7 or 8 years ago) a scouser arrived on the mine, took a look at KM and said "I know you. You used to play for Everton. I never forget a face."

Apparently KM admitted that he'd played for Everton, but said he thought of himself as more of an Aston Villa man, since he'd won the European Cup with them.

If it hadn't been for the scouser, in the eyes of this Aussie bloke Ken McNaught would have remained nothing more than a much-liked boss.

• Like 4

I have reports from numerous people that David Platt is a grade a word removed, anyone back this up? Footballer of course, not the one off of corrie.

going from his anti-villa Sky analysis, I think he might be :P

Platt comes across as a miserable, super arrogant, all round clearing in the woods.

• Like 1

This is kindof a second hand story, but never mind:

A bloke at work a few years ago found out I was a Villa fan. He said he had a soft spot for Villa because he'd worked for a catering company on a mine in Western Australia and his boss was this easygoing, modest, likeable bloke called Ken McNaught. As an Aussie, the guy had no idea who he was.

Then one day (I think maybe 7 or 8 years ago) a scouser arrived on the mine, took a look at KM and said "I know you. You used to play for Everton. I never forget a face."

Apparently KM admitted that he'd played for Everton, but said he thought of himself as more of an Aston Villa man, since he'd won the European Cup with them.

If it hadn't been for the scouser, in the eyes of this Aussie bloke Ken McNaught would have remained nothing more than a much-liked boss.

I can confirm he is a very nice man, with a deep fondness for Villa.

• 4 weeks later...

Having spent around  4 hours or so in the presence  / general vicinity of John Terry I can say he is actually a very nice person

Was at Lapland UK today with my daughter and he was on the same time slot ..just another doting father out with his children (and wife)  , joining in the christmas fun

Interestingly he's not built like a footballer imo ..looks different in the flesh  very tall and skinny and a wee bit camp looking if the truth be told  .. could be the tight fitting jumper he was wearing  .. Nobody seemed to know who he was  , even i wasn't sure at first but figured last thing he wants on his day out with the family is being pestered so I left him alone ...  though when i nearly crashed into him on the ice rink I did make some reference to falling over more than Ashley Young that made him chuckle

He almost got away scot free then as he left the shop at the end someone spotted him and asked for a photo .. which JT obliged with .... I then found myself walking back to the car with him at that point and said to him "  " Almost got away with it " and he laughed and said yeah but it's never a problem  ... chatted about football , they got back at 3 am from Sunderland this morning ... spoke about a mutal friend that we both have who works at the club ( told him she has a crush on him .. akward tomorrow at work  :) ) ..  then when we got to his car he wished me a happy Christmas and i carried on to my car .... next thing a mum came over to him  ..o my god you are my child's hero can we have a photo  .. and he was as nice as can be , said hello to the boy , posed with him for the picture , made the kid feel exactly as you should feel when you meet your hero  ...

time i got to my car and drove away  , there were 3 more families lining up with the promise of more  ... JT was still chatting and beaming away with them all

tbf his wife and kids were also brilliant , no fuss , no tutitng about the delays to their departure  ...

My friend at Chelsea has always said he is really really nice  ..I guess I saw a glimpse of that for myself today  ....

cue obligitory racist thug posts :)

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 3

Met Alan Davies at a Festival here this year. Very nice guy, spoke to him for a good 10 minutes and really enjoyed the time.

Sorry BOF :)

This is what I wanted.
  • Like 1

Having spent around  4 hours or so in the presence  / general vicinity of John Terry I can say he is actually a very nice person

Was at Lapland UK today with my daughter and he was on the same time slot ..just another doting father out with his children (and wife)  , joining in the christmas fun

Interestingly he's not built like a footballer imo ..looks different in the flesh  very tall and skinny and a wee bit camp looking if the truth be told  .. could be the tight fitting jumper he was wearing  .. Nobody seemed to know who he was  , even i wasn't sure at first but figured last thing he wants on his day out with the family is being pestered so I left him alone ...  though when i nearly crashed into him on the ice rink I did make some reference to falling over more than Ashley Young that made him chuckle

He almost got away scot free then as he left the shop at the end someone spotted him and asked for a photo .. which JT obliged with .... I then found myself walking back to the car with him at that point and said to him "  " Almost got away with it " and he laughed and said yeah but it's never a problem  ... chatted about football , they got back at 3 am from Sunderland this morning ... spoke about a mutal friend that we both have who works at the club ( told him she has a crush on him .. akward tomorrow at work  :) ) ..  then when we got to his car he wished me a happy Christmas and i carried on to my car .... next thing a mum came over to him  ..o my god you are my child's hero can we have a photo  .. and he was as nice as can be , said hello to the boy , posed with him for the picture , made the kid feel exactly as you should feel when you meet your hero  ...

time i got to my car and drove away  , there were 3 more families lining up with the promise of more  ... JT was still chatting and beaming away with them all

tbf his wife and kids were also brilliant , no fuss , no tutitng about the delays to their departure  ...

My friend at Chelsea has always said he is really really nice  ..I guess I saw a glimpse of that for myself today  ....

Nice story. :)

Did he put his Chelsea shirt and shorts on for the photos?

:)

you've pissed me off now as I'm gonna regret not asking him if he had it on underneath his jeans & jumper  :)

at one stage he did have his wife's gold sparkling handbag over his shoulder whilst she ice skated ... was rather tempting for a photo 

Nice story. :)

Did he put his Chelsea shirt and shorts on for the photos?

:)

you've pissed me off now as I'm gonna regret not asking him if he had it on underneath his jeans & jumper  :)

at one stage he did have his wife's gold sparkling handbag over his shoulder whilst she ice skated ... was rather tempting for a photo 

That makes me think of that John Terry transvestite.

TrannieTerry.jpg

• Like 1

Bobby Ball, the absolute worst celebrity I have met, born again christian without a christian bone in his body. Peter Simon, a lovely lovely man. The grumbleweeds, all fantastic. Bobby Davro, horrible man, wouldnt trust him to be alone with a woman. Spend a lot of the 90's in the company of entertainers of this ilk. Will try and remember more later.

There is a joke in there somewhere.

Â