Celebrities' Real Personalities

darrenm

There are a few celebs who I think of as being real trumped up twonks in real life because of something perhaps one person has said to me about them at some point. I think this is unfair on the celeb so I want to use the power of crowd-sourced knowledge to right these wrongs. Let's see if we can either corroborate or challenge these assumptions.

Who have you been told is a not very nice person in real life? Or vice versa?

I'll start it off with a couple.

I've been told that Paul Young is a horrible bloke. No idea why.

And even though he's a raving scientologist who makes his wife give birth silently, and he took this a bit too seriously, I've been told that Tom Cruise (when he was with Nicole Kidman) was really nice giving all the baby equipment they had to buy while in the UK to the staff at Heathrow.

I suspect there are a few who many think are great but they are actually not that nice at all, but more who many think are tw@ts who are actually decent people. In the latter catergory I'm going to guess at James Corden and Ricky Gervais.

Met Melinda Messenger and she was really pleasant which isn't all that surprising. What was surprising was her height. She is tiny, like midget size.

I also know things about a famous footballer. Libellous so I can't share them.  :mellow:

I suspect there are a few who many think are great but they are actually not that nice at all, but more who many think are tw@ts who are actually decent people. In the latter catergory I'm going to guess at James Corden and Ricky Gervais.

Yeah I think Corden has to be alright. But then Patrick Stewart seems to hate him, but does that mean Picard is an arsehole?

Met Melinda Messenger and she was really pleasant which isn't all that surprising. What was surprising was her height. She is tiny, like midget size.

I'd imagine she would be pleasant while you wer DingHUTWU,

Tom Cruise and James Corden are possibly my two least favourite people.  And no I haven't met them.

• Like 2

Yeah I think Corden has to be alright. But then Patrick Stewart seems to hate him, but does that mean Picard is an arsehole?
I think Patrick Stewart came off worse after his petty rant.

James Corden has made a name for himself as "the fat guy off the TV" though

James Corden has made a name for himself as "the fat guy off the TV" though

JC is hardly the thespian PS is but I think he has written some decent stuff. In any case, I think JC is way behind dozens of others if 'talentless' is the accusation.

It seems common for people to almost hate so-called celebrities they don't enjoy. I'm not sure they are worth such a strong emotion; best to ignore said celebrity and get on with life.

Yeah that's my take on it ... Big brother / I'm a celeb or the latest I'm a media whore show doesn't annoy me because I've never watched them ... True I've heard of Jade Goody as I don't live under a rock but other than being thick and now dead i know nothing about her and that suits me fine

But saying that come the revolution and I'm in charge any one that bought Hello magazine is one of the first ones up against the wall ...

• Like 3

Â