Celebrities' Real Personalities

darrenm

I have reports from numerous people that David Platt is a grade a word removed, anyone back this up? Footballer of course, not the one off of corrie.

going from his anti-villa Sky analysis, I think he might be :P

I have it on credible authority that:

-Natasha Bedingfield is arrogant.

-Kevin Whately is nice, but does go on about himself.

-Gyles Brandreth is a flirt.

-Russell Crowe and most of his family are douchebags.

-The kid who played James in James And The Giant Peach can bust some serious moves.

I find it quite interesting that people think they can judge a person after meeting him or her for some short moments once or twice. Or from what they read in papers or from what other says about them. That's totally ridiculous. I don't say that all those stories in here are like that, but many are. I've met very few celebrities but all of them have been really nice. Well, Cowans was rather quiet the first time I met him, but why wouldn't he? The second time he talked a lot more with me and my friends. I had a good, short conversation with Pat Heard once. Chris Nicholl was a top bloke for those 5-10 minutes I spoke to him. And I got hours with Ian Taylor and he was funny and a top bloke during that time. But do I know them? Can I say for sure that they're always great? No, not even close. And those who've met celebrities who haven't been nice, well, what do you know about their story? What do you know about their story that very day? Or even five minutes before you met? Probably nothing. What I'm trying to say is that it's impossible to judge someone from very short moments.

I remember in the film thread when people said Bruce Willis is a jerk cause he wanted too much money for being in Expandables 3 and because Sylverster Stallone said so, and then because he wouldn't say Yippe kay jay really bad person in the radio without getting paid a million for it. He might very well be an idiot, I don't know, but we certainly don't know his reasons for doing these things. I can very well guess that he's awfully tired of saying yippe kay jay, for example. And according to Jenna Jameson Sylvester Stallone isn't the nicest person either. IIRC. But who's she to judge?

A little rant about thinking you know someone from a very short meeting. And again, that doesn't go for all the stories in here. Carry on as you were.

• Like 3

Of course it goes without saying Pelle, but the thread title would be too long if it was "Famous people you have met and in the brief moment you spent in their company were top notch or turned out to be a dick." Its first impressions in the end and it makes for an interesting thread.

I agree with Pelle. I've heard quite a few negative stories about Alan Davies (linked cuz there's more than one shalabrity with that name). But they more often than not revolve around him being accosted in public while doing something mundane. OK you might take from it that he perhaps doesn't have the patience of a saint, but then that's hardly a pre-requisite for a nice guy. Annoyingly, when I see him on QI I can't help saying to myself 'he's not very nice in real life'. Can anyone give me a positive story about him?

In late 2007 The Times and Daily Telegraph reported that Davies bit the ear of a homeless man. Davies had just left a wake at the nearby Groucho Club. He told The Times in 2009, "He wasn't a tramp. He was a raging, horrendous arsehole. He called me a word removed several times. Or if it wasn't him, it was his mate. And, yes, I went for him and, yes, I did it in what turned out to be an amusing way." Following the incident, Davies was banned from the Groucho Club.

Davies is a lifelong fan and season ticket holder of Arsenal FC.

It's not looking good, is it?

He has had problems with depression, etc. Sounds a bit of a mess TBH.

This was the whole point of the thread though. Please reread my original post. It was meant to be a chance for celebs who normally have a bad rep to be redeemed by people who have met them and they were not douchebags. At the least it's an alternative view, the most it's a complete reversal of a misconception that someone may unfairly have.

• Like 1

That's exactly what I'm doing Darren. I heard AD is "not a very nice person in real life" and was asking for people to "right these wrongs". Mike did a stellar job of that :P

• Like 1

You mock Kevin Rowland for merely wearing a beret, when you could have cited THIS?

1209252.jpg

A lot of the negative comments about Kevin seem to be around when this was made. He was all over the shop then.

Can anyone give me a positive story about him?

Never had a problem with him, perfectly civil.

Also hung out with Terrorvision (in their prime - who are all bat-shit crazy)

They're great value. It's a bit like hanging out with the Bash St Kids with added lager and speed.

Edited by Xann
  • Like 1

-The kid who played James in James And The Giant Peach can bust some serious moves.

Brandreth was guest speaker at an event I attended last year - and took great pleasure in making a few digs at the Partner of my firm...

My dad was a music journo in the 80's and met a fair few people numerous times.

-Geoffry Boycott is a bellend

-Simon Le Bon was a massive word removed apparently but the rest of them were fine

-Fine Young Cannibals were great

Brandreth was guest speaker at an event I attended last year - and took great pleasure in making a few digs at the Partner of my firm...

Was that the ICAEW dinner, if so I was there as well.  Thought he was hilarious.

Was that the ICAEW dinner, if so I was there as well.  Thought he was hilarious.

It was indeed!

Almost equally funny was the reaction of an Irish client on our table when he attempted to propose another toast to the Queen..

Edited by jonno_2004

Â