Celebrities' Real Personalities

darrenm

We established long ago that your only real hope in Tony's world is to be a member of his firing squad :-P

Trouble is the American members of the firing squad would end up shooting each other by accident
  • Like 1

I suspect there are a few who many think are great but they are actually not that nice at all, but more who many think are tw@ts who are actually decent people. In the latter catergory I'm going to guess at James Corden and Ricky Gervais.

Yeah I think Corden has to be alright. But then Patrick Stewart seems to hate him, but does that mean Picard is an arsehole?
I think Patrick Stewart came off worse after his petty rant.

James Corden has made a name for himself as "the fat guy off the TV" though

Corden's about as funny as a kick in the nuts. A one trick pony who got lucky with criminally overrated Gavin and Stacey.

That sketch show he did with the equally unfunny Mathew Horne was an absolute abomination, as was those repulsive skits he did with the England football squad.

For those reasons alone he should never be seen on TV again.

• Like 3

I suspect there are a few who many think are great but they are actually not that nice at all, but more who many think are tw@ts who are actually decent people. In the latter catergory I'm going to guess at James Corden and Ricky Gervais.

Yeah I think Corden has to be alright. But then Patrick Stewart seems to hate him, but does that mean Picard is an arsehole?
I think Patrick Stewart came off worse after his petty rant.

James Corden has made a name for himself as "the fat guy off the TV" though

Corden's about as funny as a kick in the nuts. A one trick pony who got lucky with criminally overrated Gavin and Stacey.

That sketch show he did with the equally unfunny Mathew Horne was an absolute abomination, as was those repulsive skits he did with the England football squad.

For those reasons alone he should never be seen on TV again.

I didn't enjoy his sketch material but I did enjoy Gavin and Stacey and the refreshingly different The Wrong Mans; each to their own. Whether he should never be seen on TV again, I'll leave to others. I'll give most things a go, trying to avoid preconception. I also don't begrudge those who may or may not have 'got lucky'.

A World run by Tony? *shudder*

;)

This made me reconsider my 'like' for Tony's original post. Whilst I agree with his sentiment of simply avoiding what you don't like, the politics/ConDem threads tells me Tony's World would be horrific!

• Like 1

Apparently Bruce Forseith is a right count. Plays golf at Broadway golf club.

You know what, I can totally see him squishing puppies' heads with his high-heeled thigh length boots.

• Like 1

My nan met David Dickenson off of old school bargain hunt and said he was a word removed (not literally)

My mate's Dad used to run an antiques shop, and often tells tales of his run ins with "the orange skinned man from Blackpool". Your Nan is spot on, as far as I've heard.

My nan met David Dickenson off of old school bargain hunt and said he was a word removed (not literally)

My mate's Dad used to run an antiques shop, and often tells tales of his run ins with "the orange skinned man from Blackpool". Your Nan is spot on, as far as I've heard.

My nan lives up that way and someone managed to convince him to come along to some charity do they were having. He blatantly didn't want to be there and was rude and arrogant the entire time.

minor regional celebrity Owen Money was somebody I'd never met but really disliked

then one day he got in touch about a fundraiser we were having and volunteered as much or as little of his time and contacts as we wanted

long story short, he quadrupled the money raised and wouldn't even take petrol money off us, absolute hero

met an absolute heor at  a Villa thing, Jimmy Rimmer. Ended up sat next to him at dinner and he was everything I'd wanted him to be, charming, chatty and all the time in the world for people old enough to know better

Just to say, most celebs are humans and can have good days and bad days, you start taking secret smart phone pics of some C lister in Tesco buying fish, you might not see the best side of their personality.

• Like 2

Dunno if he counts as a celebrity or not, but McLeish travels on our trains a lot and he appears to be the nicest man in the entire world. 

He does seem a nice guy tbf and any Villa with half a brain cell (so 50% of the support) will tell you that the hate wasn't personal.

One of my clients at work knew McLeish pretty well when he was at Blues and Villa and also says he is a wonderfully nice bloke and great company over a beer. 

Met Noel Gallagher when he was the Inspiral Carpets backline roadie, he was ok for someone from Manchester

Noel's nice. Away from cameras Liam is lovely too, he's a big kid really.

I've met them both backstage after gigs but thats never the best time to judge imo, too much going on inside their heads

Jeff Stelling was not a word removed when I met him. Top guy

Gordon Cowans was also a great bloke when I saw him

I generally hate celebrities though, I don't really class sports people in that category. The ones that have no talent whatsoever are the ones I'd happily shoot with a shotgun.

I've met them both backstage after gigs but thats never the best time to judge imo, too much going on inside their heads

Aye, a band that size comes with a proper circus at gigs.

Got to know them a bit better when they were mixing 'Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants'.

Their crew were cool too

Met Bosnich and Ellis years ago as i was exiting the old club shop on a quiet day and both were absolutely brilliant, chatted to me for about 10 minutes. Lovely blokes.

Met Bam Margera and his brother after a cky gig. Bam is a word removed but his brother Jess is a nice bloke.

I once saw Dan Donegan (guitarist from disturbed) casually walking down new st on my lunch break in the afternoon before their gig on the night. Really nice bloke who gave me 15 minutes of his time and was asking about the history of brum. I told him to go watch a villa match before he left.

Edited by Ingram85

Â