Celebrities' Real Personalities

darrenm

only met a few though usually all in sporting field

Doug Ellis was a nice guy when met him in Dublin when Villa played here about 10 years ago while on same weekend met our new manager DOL and he was an absolute word removed, wouldnt let players mingle with fans after the game when some of them didnt have a problem with it, in end think was just Johnsen who signed autographs

Ken Doherty is also a really nice guy, met him at a photo event in Dublin and was really happy to sign autographs while the producers were trying to stop him

also met Ronnie O.Sullivan and he was interesting in fact he didnt want to be at his own book signing and met him when he was looking at the self help section of the book store

I've met Doug a few times and he's always been really nice

Met him in Ostrava when we played there he even bought me a drink in the airport bar .. I had a couple of drinks with Paul McGrath whilst we waited for the plane :)

Famously ( for me at least ) I met Doug when I had corporate tickets at ST Mary's and Doug walked into a broom cupboard whilst looking for the gents and I had to let him out :)

• Like 1

I met dave batista at a signing in Wolverhampton, doesn't interest me but on was on my uni lunch break and went to get his autograph for my little brother

the look on his face when the bloke in front of me tried to shake his hand! the bloke was about 32, was shaking with nerves / excitement, had his own photos which he refused to sign (he'd only sign photos you bought) refused the handshake, refused a photo, made no effort to talk to the bloke or anything, utter **** cock

ive met gaving macann at a babayshambles gig, I was pissed, asked him to buy me a drink which he said no but he was a nice bloke and laughed about it before chatting about the villa

met Pete Doherty and he's sound, he's pretty timid and shy but makes an effort to have a chat with you

I've met Dan Akroyd (nice guy), Paul Mariner (decent enough guy, but a little full of crap), Luis Tiant (Red Sox legend, a bit aloof), Kevin Kennedy (former Red Sox manager, nice guy), Gord Kluzak (former Boston Bruin, decent guy)...

What a crap list

Met Michael Bublé (singer for old ladies) and Steve Nash (basketball thrower) once and they were both amazingly nice. Suppose it helped that it was at a Canucks playoff game that they were winning.

rjw post elsewhere just reminded me I met John Barrowman with my nipper who knew him as a Dr Who character

Barrowman couldn't have been nicer, to the point where he found out we lived close to him and invited us around and posed for photo's and wrote my nipper a little personalised card and was all hugs and laughs, hamming it up and bursting into theatrics. He struck me as somebody that was either the nicest person on the planet or somebody that was really good on cocaine.

• Like 1

Met loads of footballers over the years, Brian Little & Allan Evans when they were the managerial team were standout.

In music, Dweezil Zappa is totally accessible, friendly and all-round nice

Frank Skinner on the way to the 2-2 we had with them in about 2003.. He was with Adrian Chiles :lol:

Frank was awesome, we met him on Trinity Road and walked all the way to the box they were sitting in, had photos with him and stuff, he was great.

Adrian Chiles was in his Working Lunch phase I think, he was shy, but seemed okay.  

Back in mid 90's I was a steward at VP and started off my "career" in the old north stand car park.....anyway, one night game I'd been given STRICT instructions to get early comers to park down the bottom of the park (those cars that came in from Trinity Road entrance) and then we could fill it up from that wall, by where the club shop is - it might be a bit hard for younger VTers to picture it, but it was in the days of the old trinity road stand still being there.

So...with this "if you don't follow orders with the car park tonight you'll be sacked" warning bouncing around my head, here comes the first car,,,,,,I flag it down, lean down by the window and am shocked to see that the first guy I have to tell to park 100 yards further away than he should is none other than Dennis Mortimer !!! I bumbled and stuttered my way, apologising all the time telling my hero to park where I tell him....he was charm personified, laughed it off & told me "not to worry, laa !" shook my hand and off he went. 

Two minutes later....next car...Paul Barron....again, I'm politeness itself, apologising about it all. His response ? "F*ck that, I'm working for Sky tonight, I'm parking where I want ! " drove off and parked his green fiat punto just by the north stand reception.

That has always stuck with me. If anyone out of the two had the right to be arsey then it wasn't the bloke who used to sport a dodgy perm !

Back in mid 90's I was a steward at VP and started off my "career" in the old north stand car park.....anyway, one night game I'd been given STRICT instructions to get early comers to park down the bottom of the park (those cars that came in from Trinity Road entrance) and then we could fill it up from that wall, by where the club shop is - it might be a bit hard for younger VTers to picture it, but it was in the days of the old trinity road stand still being there.

So...with this "if you don't follow orders with the car park tonight you'll be sacked" warning bouncing around my head, here comes the first car,,,,,,I flag it down, lean down by the window and am shocked to see that the first guy I have to tell to park 100 yards further away than he should is none other than Dennis Mortimer !!! I bumbled and stuttered my way, apologising all the time telling my hero to park where I tell him....he was charm personified, laughed it off & told me "not to worry, laa !" shook my hand and off he went. 

Two minutes later....next car...Paul Barron....again, I'm politeness itself, apologising about it all. His response ? "F*ck that, I'm working for Sky tonight, I'm parking where I want ! " drove off and parked his green fiat punto just by the north stand reception.

That has always stuck with me. If anyone out of the two had the right to be arsey then it wasn't the bloke who used to sport a dodgy perm !

:) I'm fairly sure they'd have let you off for allowing Dennis Mortimer to park his car where he liked. I'd let him park it on my foot if he really wanted.

• Like 3

rjw post elsewhere just reminded me I met John Barrowman with my nipper who knew him as a Dr Who character

Barrowman couldn't have been nicer, to the point where he found out we lived close to him and invited us around and posed for photo's and wrote my nipper a little personalised card and was all hugs and laughs, hamming it up and bursting into theatrics. He struck me as somebody that was either the nicest person on the planet or somebody that was really good on cocaine.

My mum met him on Table mountain and also confirms your nicest bloke on the planet view as she shared a cable car with him ... My dad of course didn't have a clue who he was

The Kinks - in 1970 (I think) when 'Lola' was number 1. We supported them at The Belfry. Notable facts; they had a 250 watt pa which was unheard of at the time; their roadie was a female 'amazon' - fabulous  lady, lugging gear around. They all spoke to us except Ray Davies who was incredibly arrogant and their drummer, who was pretty good, seemed to possibly be a beneficiary of pharmaceutical products and dropped a lot of sticks, throwing them over his shoulder, which I gratefully retrieved.  

In another musical world, I played in a band that backed cabaret and we came across quite a few 'household names' at the time; most are now deceased and most Vt'ers probably wouldn't have heard of 'em anyway. But the one that stands out was Roy Castle - excellent bloke !  

met ashley cole once absolute to$$er

have met kolo toure top bloke and you might be suprised robin van persie is a really good guy. non footballers

met alex reid seems ok but abit arrogant, jordans a dirty pr!ck i can confirm but no suprise there

met ashley cole once absolute to$$er

have met kolo toure top bloke and you might be suprised robin van persie is a really good guy. non footballers

met alex reid seems ok but abit arrogant, jordans a dirty pr!ck i can confirm but no suprise there

what did ashley cole do or not do that made you think that?

I've met some footballers. Luc Nilis being the friendliest and a little shy. Bosnich and Hendrie being the biggest arrogant cocks. Michael Oakes liked flashing the cash.

The nicest guys I met was old actor Lesley Phillips, a real top bloke and Antonio Fargas aka Huggy Bear.

Edited by Oaks

Â