Celebrities' Real Personalities

darrenm

People of veering degrees of fame who I have met and my opinion of them:

Jason McAteer - top lad, bought loads of rounds one St Patrick's day in Wigan

David Dunn - absolute prize bell end, used to work with his sister in law and met him a couple of times

Chris Eubank - have met him twice now in our London office, a more genuinely nice, down to earth bloke you couldn't wish to meet. Still built like an absolute brick outhouse as well.

Paul Heaton - drank in the boozer in Hull around the corner from where my mate lived at Uni, nice bloke, and while he was in the Housemartins was a hero of mine.

Chris Eubank, down to earth, really? What with his tweed suits, riding whip and monocle?
  • Like 1

Long time ago, but Sparky Hughes.

I was a kid, Manchester airport, all of Man Utd were in the departure lounge waiting to go to Greece or something. I had no idea who any of them were (before my football formative years) so managed to find a scrap of paper, then asked him for an autograph.

"I ain't got a pen mate"

Cue me digging around everywhere trying to find a pen and him waiting patiently even though all his team were waiting for him. Nice bloke. Still a crap manager now though.

People of veering degrees of fame who I have met and my opinion of them:

Jason McAteer - top lad, bought loads of rounds one St Patrick's day in Wigan

David Dunn - absolute prize bell end, used to work with his sister in law and met him a couple of times

Chris Eubank - have met him twice now in our London office, a more genuinely nice, down to earth bloke you couldn't wish to meet. Still built like an absolute brick outhouse as well.

Paul Heaton - drank in the boozer in Hull around the corner from where my mate lived at Uni, nice bloke, and while he was in the Housemartins was a hero of mine.

Chris Eubank, down to earth, really? What with his tweed suits, riding whip and monocle?

I met Eubank on a quiet off-peak train leaving Euston to Birmingham about ten years ago. I saw him leave the adjacent first class carage and he sat diagonally opposite me in standard class. We chatted a little about nothing in particular, his voice unmistakably Eubank. He certainly seemed down to earth, albeit wearing his trademark suit and clutching an expensive looking document wallet. When the train manager asked to see our tickets he told Eubank he was entitled to sit in first class. Eubank replied he was happy where he was.

• Like 2

And complete rocket polisher

First time we met he had a Hitler moustache and was wearing a kaftan. It was difficult not to laugh.

He makes life difficult for himself by being quite unpleasant.

After spending a bit of time with him I realised he wasn't so much nasty, as insecure.

He knows a bit about tunes though, he's very good on Souly stuff.

I can vouch for Doug Ellis being a nice man.

When I was young and immature we thought it would be funny to ask him to speak to one of our mates on the phone, which he did. Until he realised he was a Liverpool fan, and said he didn't want to talk anymore :lol:

Does he still have his Bentley?

I can vouch for Doug Ellis being a nice man.

When I was young and immature we thought it would be funny to ask him to speak to one of our mates on the phone, which he did. Until he realised he was a Liverpool fan, and said he didn't want to talk anymore :lol:

Does he still have his Bentley?

Thats because he was born an Evertonian

Neville Southall, signing Reusch goalie gloves in Rackhams. I must've been about 12 but even I could tell he was an ignorant tosser.

In my experience Southall isn't really ignorant he's just a bit thick.

Aye, maybe that was a bit harsh. Doubt I'd be in that great a mood sitting in a department store, getting roundly ignored for hours on end.

I've met quite a few Villa players both in a professional capacity and whilst out drinking

Really top blokes were - Thomas Hitzlsperger (offered to get him a pint, as I was buying my round at the bar and he accepted but then paid for the lot - had a good chat with him), Stefan Postma was a really nice bloke (regardless of his bedroom tendancies!) and so was King Olof, who was a real gent.

Bellends - Lee Hendrie is a complete c0ck (and was an embarassment to the club off the pitch)  and Carlton Cole thought he was the big cheese and came across as a right tit in front of the ladies.

Also hung out with Terrorvision (in their prime - who are all bat-shit crazy) and got backstage at Reading and the old Phoenix festivals in my time.

First time we met he had a Hitler moustache and was wearing a kaftan. It was difficult not to laugh.

After spending a bit of time with him I realised he wasn't so much nasty, as insecure.

Missus served him once in her shop and could'nt wait for him to leave......quite rude and did'nt smell too sweet either.

Missus served him once in her shop and could'nt wait for him to leave......quite rude and didn't smell too sweet either.

I was told the same thing about 15 years ago. A guy I worked with said he's encountered him in a club and he was a right word removed and "**** stank"

Â