Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Yes, but at the moment we desperately need a midfielder (or two) who can cope with the pace of the prem and doesn`t need time to fit in

Obviously you'd know better then me but from what I've seen of him, I wouldn't have thought that he would have a problem adapting to this league. Even Sylla didn't really struggle in this regard and he is infinitely worse than Kouyate. I think our midfield is so shockingly dire (and that point can't be stressed enough) that even Kouyate not at his best would still represent an improvement. He wouldn't be any worse at centre-back than Baker or Herd either.

It is just speculation though. How much do you think you guys would sell him for? Because I'd assume he is a bit out of our price-range and will most likely receive offers from better clubs anyway.

If we are looking for a player in that mould, I think Mbodj is more realistic.

Well it's hard to tell how much Anderlecht would sell for. The've said they will do anything to keep him in Brussels until the summer, so the bid will have to be high enough for them to consider selling him, I'd say around £6-7M. There has been an offer from Wolfsburg already but Kouyate himself has expressed his desire to play in the prem so I think if we put in a bid high enough he might come to us
Where does kouyate play ??
Belgium
position I meant ???

troll-face-sticker_9ba2f.jpg

• Like 1

FC Porto midfielder Steven Defour has admitted that it remains a 'dream' for him to play in the Premier League in the future, with Aston Villa having been linked with a move for his services in the past, although the Bundesliga is another option.

I will be thinking about my options in the upcoming weeks

Snippet from SkySports transfer centre.  Lazy journo probably but this is what the thread is for imo, not plucking random names off FM and saying "what about him?"

• Like 3

FC Porto midfielder Steven Defour has admitted that it remains a 'dream' for him to play in the Premier League in the future, with Aston Villa having been linked with a move for his services in the past, although the Bundesliga is another option.

I will be thinking about my options in the upcoming weeks

Snippet from SkySports transfer centre.  Lazy journo probably but this is what the thread is for imo, not plucking random names off FM and saying "what about him?"

Please.... He would be a very good signing for us! Should have got him a long time ago!

Can't believe people are saying no to Anderson. He can't be any worse than the shower of shit we have in midfield.

Maybe, but that's hardly a reason to sign him i.e. it's hardly a ringing endorsement that he 'can't be any worse'. I'd seriously question his motivation and attitude.

Â