Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

It's likely Sigurdsson. He is getting no playing time and is about our level.

I'd like to believe that. But I think he'd have better offers than us to be honest. Hope i'm wrong though.

Interestingly I just went onto a Wigan forum and there's a rumour that Nick Powell has cleared his locker and will be moving on loan to a Premier League club. They guessed at Hull  :detect:  

However Wigans manager has also said he doesn't think Powell will be recalled :(

He's better than we are currently but he's probably going to struggle for game time against all those big money signings in a 4-4-2.

Not sure he's take such a step down yet? I'd love him though.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Maloney was homesick the last time he played here so I doubt he would want to move much further south than Wigan. Will Wayne Routledge be the next ex-player to get a mention?

Wigan is hardly down the road from Glasgow. He's 30 now, a man. I'm sure he'd be fine and I imagine this squad of players and regular play would suit him better. His biggest issue before was boredom.

I think he's a much better player than was here before too. Much better. Though I always thought we underrated him.

We have one of the worst midfields in the league. Nowhere near our level...

I think he means he's a mid table player. That's where we are.

I think he's a top 8 player myself but can't see who up there would need him. If we could afford him I think we could persuade him to come.

I think he's a top 8 player myself but can't see who up there would need him. If we could afford him I think we could persuade him to come.

Yeah I meant mid table. My though process was the same as you. I don't see which top 8 club would play him consistently. Maybe Everton? but Everton is in pretty good shape with their midfield so I doubt it. That is why I think if he stays in the premier league, he'll have to settle for a club like us. Then he can potentially move on to another club if he produces here.

Ah ok, fair enough. I think he is a top-six player when playing well and he would he'd be a realistic target too. Shown glimpses at Spurs but hasn't really worked out.

If we could get Sigurdsson I think that would be a massive coup for us. Think he'd be brilliant for us and is the exact type of player we need. Isn't afraid to shoot from outside the area too. Would take a bit of pressure of Benteke as Sig would get at least 10 goals a season for us. But, I just don't see that one happening. Didn't he reject Liverpool because he could get more money at Spurs? Loan is possible, but would Spurs be happy paying at least 50% of his wages still? Not so sure. 

Yeah I meant mid table. My though process was the same as you. I don't see which top 8 club would play him consistently. Maybe Everton? but Everton is in pretty good shape with their midfield so I doubt it. That is why I think if he stays in the premier league, he'll have to settle for a club like us. Then he can potentially move on to another club if he produces here.

Everton don't need him with Barkley, he's **** brilliant him. Will be starting for England in Brazil at this rate.

Back to Swansea maybe? Fulham would pay him as would West Ham.

Â