Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Does Kevin Nolan get much game time nowadays?

Pretty sure the captain of West Spam does, another laughable suggestion. Holtby or Sigurdsson, Lescott on loan and Kouyate from Anderlecht my guesses.

Edited by Avflife
  • Like 2

Okay, I was only asking, no need to be like that. I just remember hearing rumours that the West Ham fans weren't particularly enamoured with him as of late is all.

Not aimed at you personally, but some of the suggestions are getting ridiculous on here. 

Asked about the former Everton star's prospects, Pellegrini added: 'At this moment nobody will be leaving.'

Wont be Milner or Guidetti.

Anderson is available from Man Utd. He would go well in our side. Linked to Fulham. Kevin De Bruyne linked with Villa again in the DM.

Asked about the former Everton star's prospects, Pellegrini added: 'At this moment nobody will be leaving.'

Wont be Milner or Guidetti.

Anderson is available from Man Utd. He would go well in our side. Linked to Fulham. Kevin De Bruyne linked with Villa again in the DM.

Link to DM about KDB?

Anderson would be great IMO, maybe not good enough for Man United or a 'top' club starting line up, but he would definitely improve our midfield by a country mile.

A few people laughed at the suggestion of Anderson, but that's certainly something i'd be on board with. Though I suspect he's not on £10k p/w at United and hence out of our price range in all probability.

• Like 1

A few people laughed at the suggestion of Anderson, but that's certainly something i'd be on board with. Though I suspect he's not on £10k p/w at United and hence out of our price range in all probability.

On loan yes, on a permanent no way - he will be on £60k a week minimum and we all know that isn't going to happen. 

• Like 1

On loan yes, on a permanent no way - he will be on £60k a week minimum and we all know that isn't going to happen. 

See, I don't think it's really worth it on loan. We either sign an underperforming player who we can improve going forwards, or if we're to get a loan player in, then it needs to be someone capable of doing a job for the rest of the season, like Keane was. If we signed Anderson on loan, then it could take him a few weeks to find any sort of form, making a short term loan fairly pointless.

Generally a great opportunity in this window to pick up one or two quality players on loan due to the WC who would normally be well outside our present wage structure depending of course on their clubs paying part of their wages.

I wouldn't mind Anderson. As others have said, he's not good enough for Man Utd, but he would definately be good enough for a mid-table side like us. I don't know how he'd play between the midfield and strikers though.

I'd love Sigurdsson or Holtby, but I just don't see that being realistic. Liverpool and Spurs were both in for Sigurdsson, so why would he drop down to us?

He would fit better at a side like Everton/ Swansea/ Newcastle, instead of a team constantly battling relegation.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think it's more likely to be a player in a team positioned 10th-20th.

Maybe one of the better performers in a lower-half-of-the-table. Possibly someone who's contract is coming to an end?

I wouldn't mind Anderson. As others have said, he's not good enough for Man Utd, but he would definately be good enough for a mid-table side like us. I don't know how he'd play between the midfield and strikers though.

I'd love Sigurdsson or Holtby, but I just don't see that being realistic. Liverpool and Spurs were both in for Sigurdsson, so why would he drop down to us?

He would fit better at a side like Everton/ Swansea/ Newcastle, instead of a team constantly battling relegation.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think it's more likely to be a player in a team positioned 10th-20th.

Maybe one of the better performers in a lower-half-of-the-table. Possibly someone who's contract is coming to an end?

Sigurdsson in front of Anderson and Delph, tasty combination indeed!

• Like 2

Never been a fan of loan signings but I guess because of our owner survival is the number 1 goal and a good loan signing will help with that.

But then where does that leave us the following year? We have 4 months of a quality player with no chance of matching that quality in trying to replace him the following season. Kyle walker is a perfect example of this and west brom habe and soon Everton will experience this with lukaku.

Edited by Big_John_10

Anderson ?

Good grief. If you can look shit surrounded by world class players what would he look like surrounded by our lot ?

That kind of logic can work both ways.

On the one hand, you have players like Djemba Djemba who look poor no matter who they're playing for.

But on the other hand, you have players like Phil Neville, who may have looked relatively average (not poor) at a side like United, but became indispensable for a club like Everton.

Â