Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

90% of these players are never going to be signed, just check the profile of the type of players Lambert has signed so far, how many were even known yet alone mentioned. Foreign, cheap, unknown. How he spotted Bacuna is a mystery, add to that Sylla and Luna.

Popov

Edited by tinker

I heard from the chesterfield side of the water when "pon the left hand side" - that were seriously into Tendayi Darakwa from Chesterfield......... Midfield player........ never seen him, rated apparantley

Lambert loves Chesterfield doesn't he?!

Anyone actually think we might resurrect interest in Kiyoate? I notice Nuremburg are having a terrible season in the Bundesliga, 2nd bottom I believe so not sure one of the lesser lights of german football can really keep a player in that situation tbh. Plus obviously it's 6 months on from the summer so his contract is startin to run down so the fee will be lower, maybe below 10m now.

Edited by VillaChris

Anyone actually think we might resurrect interest in Kiyoate? I notice Nuremburg are having a terrible season in the Bundesliga, 2nd bottom I believe so not sure one of the lesser lights of german football can really keep a player in that situation tbh. Plus obviously it's 6 months on from the summer so his contract is startin to run down so the fee will be lower, maybe below 10m now.

Possible, how has he been playing individually?

As for Darikwa, he's been linked to Man United a bit lately eh, Moyes personally went and watched him not long ago apparently..

Edited by samjp26

Yossi Benayoun is available on a free isnt he? He is an attacking midfielder, he has bags of experience and, although he is getting on a bit, he would offer us more options than we have at present.

He's also very injury prone. 

To be fair he's only been there for one player and this is just a rumour.

• Like 1

Anyone think we'll make a move for Per Ciljan Skjelbred. Being linked to unkown premier league and bundesliga clubs. He's obviously leaving hamburg so.

You really think he is good enough for villa and why? Are you from Norway?

He's been doing very well for Hertha Berlin BSC. Currently 7th in the Bundesliga.  1 Goal 3 Assist in 7 aps. Knows how to beat a man. Does some very solid defensive work, runs his ass off, knows how to tackle. Quite decent at set pieces. Accurate passing. Able to play central midfield/attacking midfielder/winger. Wouldn't cost too much nor command to much wages. I didn't do too well for hamburg, but he wasn't being played to his strengths either.

Some youtube:

His days in Rosenborg, Norwegian League:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOfJ54NuNIw

Some highlights from his time in Hamburg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_ko4EYow2w

Highlights from his first match for Hertha:

Edited by Skruff

I heard from the chesterfield side of the water when "pon the left hand side" - that were seriously into Tendayi Darakwa from Chesterfield......... Midfield player........ never seen him, rated apparantley

Darikwa is hardly setting League Two on fire this season, so it would be a similarly obscure signing to Bowery in that sense. Although Darikwa is probably technically better than Bowery, I doubt Moyes was actually scouting him when he was caught at the Fleetwood vs Chesterfield game. I read Moyes was there because he is good friends with Fleetwood manager Graham Alexander from their Preston days.

We desperately need an attacking playmaker to inject some creativity into our midfield. Will Hughes would make a huge difference to our attacking play but he's a pretty outspoken Liverpool fan, so if they are truly interested, I doubt we'd have much of a chance of bringing him here. He's probably out of our price range too. I like the look of Ryan Gauld from Dundee United but he's only just signed a new contract and is probably a bit young to make the step up. I wonder what our budget is? I'd love us to look at Adam Maher as PSV are having a pretty mediocre season.

In addition, I'd love us to go for Mohammed Salah at Basel. He's lightening quick and a front three of Agbonlahor, Benteke and Salah would frighten a lot of teams.

In reality, I expect us to sign 1 or 2 players I have never heard of for less than a million.

Possible, how has he been playing individually?

As for Darikwa, he's been linked to Man United a bit lately eh, Moyes personally went and watched him not long ago apparently..

Anyone have an idea about Kiyotake's season so far? Edited by AVTuco

I'm biased but I'd like to give Aron Johannsson a shout. Fits the policy

Bias aside, he is a good striker who can play in multiple positions. Sticking with American strikers, Jozy Altidore still hasn't officially scored for Sunderland. I wonder if he will remain there next season even if they stay up. From what little I saw of him at AZ, Maher really helped Altidore have that ridiculous goal scoring season. Altidore needs to stop playing for awful premiership clubs. He does well for the United States. 

Â