Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

What do you lads think about the norwegian player Mats Moeller Daehlie? Something for us? A creative midtfielder. 18 years old. HAd a really good game against Denmakr last night with an assist. Solskjaer rates him really high. He is predicted to be the new "Christian Eriksen" I think he's just the type of the player we need, young and hungry too. Thoughts?

I rate him very highly, one of very few Norwegians to possess technical ability at this age. He didn't get an assist last night though, Morten Gamst Pedersen did. As for Dæhli, it will take at least two years before he is ready like Januzaj is. Very small, not the quickest, I think he would be murdered right about now. But give it a few years and he can become a very good player. 

Him on loan i dont think is feasible. After Walker did Lerner not say he would never take another clubs player on loan again. Paying wages and improving a rival competitors player.

I dont see point in it either unless perm deal at end is agreed. Better bringing one of our own younger players on ready for next season

Has Lerner ever spoke? We've had jenas and Dawkins on loan since.

May have been after the Jenas deal, but im pretty sure i seen something about it. Jenas was another joke loan.

Yeah the whole no loan thing was after Jenas. Played in 3 matches due to consistent injuries and Villa were still saddled with his 60k a week wages throughout the course of the season. Well over 2 million wasted. So I think the premise of the loan thing is if Villa will do loans it either has to be low risk (ie Dawkins) or provide some sort of benefit to Villa in the long run...remember when Lambert was close to wrapping up the deal for Wilfried Bony, it was for a season long loan with a view to a permanent. 

Lambert wanted Lukaku on loan too.

I thought it was to buy lukaka when we were buying Bentekke but he was to expensive. Never heard anything about a loan regarding him.

Nah he admitted to trying to get him on loan but the wages were too much, when asked if it was 'instead' of Benteke or not, he said no he wanted them both.

Dempsey on loan would be a good move. He'd have less pressure to perform then when he was with Spurs. 

I'd take him. He is looking for a loan back. Keane did well for us. 

The Seattle GM is quoted saying both sides are working on the deal...seems like Dempsey will be on his way to Villa Park...

• Like 3

What do you lads think about the norwegian player Mats Moeller Daehlie? Something for us? A creative midtfielder. 18 years old. HAd a really good game against Denmakr last night with an assist. Solskjaer rates him really high. He is predicted to be the new "Christian Eriksen" I think he's just the type of the player we need, young and hungry too. Thoughts?

I rate him very highly, one of very few Norwegians to possess technical ability at this age. He didn't get an assist last night though, Morten Gamst Pedersen did. As for Dæhli, it will take at least two years before he is ready like Januzaj is. Very small, not the quickest, I think he would be murdered right about now. But give it a few years and he can become a very good player. 

Would certainly be a great prospect. Properly the biggest talent of his generation in Norway. As Papillion says, I think he needs a few years to be ready for the premier league.

Here's his involvements in his 30mintues cameo vs Denmark if anyone is interested:

http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/74474/slik-viste-moeller-daehli-seg-frem-i-debuten

Dempsey on loan would be a good move. He'd have less pressure to perform then when he was with Spurs. 

I'd take him. He is looking for a loan back. Keane did well for us. 

The Seattle GM is quoted saying both sides are working on the deal...seems like Dempsey will be on his way to Villa Park...

Link?

Reckon he could do a job to be fair, may be able to offer something to the younger lads as well

Allow me

Aston Villa have been linked with a winter-loan move for Clint Dempsey in the MLS off-season.

The 30-year-old USA international could move to the club in a similar deal to the one that saw Robbie Keane join the club from LA Galaxy two seasons ago.

Paul Lambert has previously shown an interest in the striker.

Lambert had a bid of £7 million accepted by the Cottagers, but the American international striker responded less than enthusiastically to the potential deal.

Dempsey was holding out for a move to Liverpool and when the Reds failed to meet Fulham’s asking price last night, he eventually signed for Tottenham.

Villa had a chance to go back in for Dempsey before he joined Spurs, but Lambert was frustrated by Dempsey’s attitude towards the claret and blues.

“I thought enough was enough,” added Lambert. “It’s never been my policy to overstep the mark. I want people who want to be here.”

Seattle Sounders general manager Adrian Hanauer said: "Clint's contract allows him to go on loan for the off-season and all parties are working on a deal and we won't be surprised if it happens."

Edited by Ginko

I hope that doesn't materialise. I dislike these MLS loans which only last for like six weeks. We should at least loan somebody who can remain until the end of the season.

Agreed, whilst he would do a decent job, we would have to change the whole playing style to accommodate him and then change back when he is gone

I hope that doesn't materialise. I dislike these MLS loans which only last for like six weeks. We should at least loan somebody who can remain until the end of the season.

Agreed, whilst he would do a decent job, we would have to change the whole playing style to accommodate him and then change back when he is gone

Id rather finish 12th and give some of our villa youth a chance than finish 10th with a loan that offers nothing for following year. Just my opinion

• Like 1

The journo took quotes from the other day and combined them with quotes from last season, apparently West Ham are favourites to get him according to Twitter so god knows.

Doesn't look like anything solid has been said about us though.

I'd be surprise if Lambert would want him after last year. The article itself sums it up.
“I thought enough was enough,” added Lambert. “It’s never been my policy to overstep the mark. I want people who want to be here.”

• Like 1

Â