Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

For the record, I don't either, and as Rovers13 alluded to, the Seattle Sounders GM's quotes didn't refer to us necessarily.

It's not a very Lambert-like signing at all, very much doubt he'll come here. I'm not sure if we'll sign anyone to be honest.

I feel very confident we will sign someone. I am not ITK at all I just see the budget Lerner has given out every year and this summer Lambert kept a bunch back. If he picks up another Sylla like bargain I will be happy enough.

When you say you see the budget, do you mean you actually know what it is??

Unless we get a massive bid for Benteke, I don't see us doing anything until summer. Hopefully we will have finished at least comfortably mid table, get the rest of the high earning deadbeats of the wage bill, and make 1,2, or 3 QUALITY signings. 35- 40 mill for Benteke in January would we take it?

We have Clark owning CB right now so if in January we still have 3 CBs plus Lowton, I think that's enough.

I think we may go for another striker.

Do we need a creative player?

According to Squawka so far this season in the PL we have created 99 chances. League leaders Arsenal have created 118.  Sunderland have created 77. That puts us in the middle of the pack for chances created. Since we had probably the toughest set of opening fixtures in the league that's actually not a bad total. We would be closer to league leaders Arsenal in chances created if we had an easier set of opening fixtures.

Add to this the Grealish and Carruthers factor. Creative players from our academy we want to give a chance to. Why buy to replace talent we may already have?

We do need another striker. If Benteke is sold in the summer, we need to replace him. Buying  Kozak is a start but you can't replace a player as good as Benteke with one player. We're still in the market for another striker.

Also, we might sell Agbonlahor. If the offer is right. Have a feeling about that.

This is actually something that i dread this January Con especially if Benteke stays beyond January. Lambert has already purchased Kozak, Helenius, Bowery and extended Weimann's contract. We also have Gabby, with Fonz and Bent's probable return from their loan period at the end of the season.

He has to show faith now not only in the strikers he has purchased but try and get the best out of whats already at his disposal before spending more on a position we have more than ample cover for and concentrate his limited budget on weaknesses elsewhere in the team.

If Lambert sells Gabby to Man City (who could easily accommodate his wage package and would use his pace on counter-attack to fix their away form) we have only three proper strikers Benteke, Weimann and Kozak.

Bent's a dinosaur in the modern game because he doesn't do the high press well. "Fonz" is nowhere near the first team standard - and neither is Bowery. Helenius was not bought to be a striker. 

That's just three. Once we sell Benteke selling clubs will immediately try to screw us on the fee so I think it's important we act this window to get another striker.

Edited by Con

Doubt it, doesn't make sense. Hernandez already wants more playing time, getting a new striker seems wasteful. So, made up as usual

Papers know we wanted 25m in the summer so just expect to see him linked to just about every top club in the next 6 weeks for that price. Can't just leave it alone there ahs to be a million articles like there was from january onwards last year they are desperate for us to sell him :angry:

Newcastle and Aston Villa interested in wantaway Tottenham midfielder Dembele

TOTTENHAM midfielder Mousa Dembele has expressed his need of a transfer if he is to feature in the World Cup in Brazil next summer, with a host of Premier League sides interested in his services.

Published: Sun, November 17, 2013

175942988-443583.jpgDembele looking for way out [GETTY]

The Belgium international has fallen out-of-favour at White Hart Lane since Spurs' defeat to West Ham, starting just two of the last five games and was brought off at half-time in their latest loss against Newcastle.

Premier League sides are eager to take advantage of the 26-year-old's situation, with the likes of Newcastle, Aston Villa, Southampton, Cardiff and Swansea interested parties.

They will have to fend off Serie A outfit Napoli, with former Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez also reportedly keen to lure Dembele away from north London.

98718.jpgDembele looking for Belgium spot in Brazil [GETTY]

I can not be satisfied with it, of course, I just want to play as many games.

Mousa Dembele

Dembele revealed his dissatisfaction of being on the bench to Belgian newspaper Nieuwsblade ahead of Sunday's defeat against the Magpies: "I can not be satisfied with it, of course, I just want to play as many games.

"The coach explained that he makes a tactical choice, he wants more defensive players in midfield."

Tottenham bought Dembele from Fulham in August 2012 for a fee of £15million and has since made 61 appearances for the club, scoring two goals along the way.

98725.jpgAndre Villas-Boas may have to sell Dembele to relieve midfield headache [GETTY]

But Dembele fears for his chances of playing in the World Cup as he attempts to beat Marouane Fellaini, Axel Witsel, Eden Hazard, Steven Defour, Nacer Chadli and Kevin De Bruyne to a regular first-team spot.

The powerful midfielder will have to play week in, week out to impress Belgium boss Marc Wilmots, and that may mean finding a new club in the January transfer window with competition for creative midfielders at Spurs so high, with the likes of Paulinho, Erik Lamela, Lewis Holtby, Chadli, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Christian Eriksen all fighting for a place.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â