Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I watched Ince at a recent England U21 game, the lad is quality and would be a capable addition to the squad. He's got alot of natural ability and a little bit of his fathers attitude which is no bad thing.

His old man was a Billy Big Bollocks.  I wouldn't want this type of player anywhere near the current Villa set-up.

So billy-bollocks had an opportunity to stay at Liverpool to earn more money but rejected the deal to move to Blackpool to learn his trade. As for he wouldn't suit our style, I disagree as he'd be perfect in the position where Weimann currently is.

I watched Ince at a recent England U21 game, the lad is quality and would be a capable addition to the squad. He's got alot of natural ability and a little bit of his fathers attitude which is no bad thing.

His old man was a Billy Big Bollocks.  I wouldn't want this type of player anywhere near the current Villa set-up.

Get out of my pub!

behave-yourself.jpg

Will Hughes is probably a more advanced version of Westwood and would cost considerably more, I think he'll stay with Derby until the end of the season as they might come up.

Just want a number 10 and maybe a defender on loan as Baker or Vlaar could pick up an injury which would leave us short.

overall though we are pretty good for numbers in most areas of the squad now so I'd like to go away from the quantity building.

If its a number 10 we are after, I would be inclined to look abroad.

They seem to breed technically better players than us generally....and in that position you want essentially "Good Feet"

• Like 2

Well .. It depends on our league position at the time .. If we had a chance going into top 6 or 7 .. Then let's get a Kiyotake signing .. If we weren't in threat of relegation and it's all looking as 9-14 finish .. Then I have no problem just throwing Grealish and Currethers to the team as an AM .. and look how well they might do .. 

A Sylla type signing won't be bad though .. ^^

I agree with Abdul, it depends on how our position looks as we come into January.

If we're top 10 and looking as if we could keep going, then I'd hope for Lambert to be backed to strengthen key areas that will help us push on. 

I'd assume that any transfers will be dependent on our position and potential targets for the end of the season, as well as whether or not anybody comes in for Benteke.

Edited by samjp26

I imagine he already knows what he wants in January in terms of positions to be filled.  So in that sense it shouldn't matter where we are in the league.  The plan should be longer term than that.  The only scenario where I could see the January transfer plan changing is if we were in terrible shape in the league and in dire need of a rescue plan a la Darren Bent, but let's cautiously assume at this point that this won't be the case and that it'll largely be a comfortable window.  I can see him maybe making 1 or 2 ostensibly unremarkable signings to supplement what's already here.  Given that we don't currently have one (that's in favour...), I will guess that the attacking mid will be one of them, if not the only one.

I imagine he already knows what he wants in January in terms of positions to be filled.  So in that sense it shouldn't matter where we are in the league.  The plan should be longer term than that.  The only scenario where I could see the January transfer plan changing is if we were in terrible shape in the league and in dire need of a rescue plan a la Darren Bent, but let's cautiously assume at this point that this won't be the case and that it'll largely be a comfortable window.  I can see him maybe making 1 or 2 ostensibly unremarkable signings to supplement what's already here.  Given that we don't currently have one (that's in favour...), I will guess that the attacking mid will be one of them, if not the only one.

I mean financially or 'quality' wise. For example, if he knows he wants an attacking midfielder, I'd hope he'd be allowed to bring in a Kiyotake or a Belhanda rather than a £2m or £3m gamble if it looks like we can push on for a top 10 finish.

Not that I specifically want Kiyotake, but just as an example, if we look as if we can finish top 10 then we should be adding top 10 quality to our numbers rather than simply adding more numbers.

Edited by samjp26

I see what you mean, but even then I would be confident that Lambert's level of planning means the budget is already known and probably the specific targets too. Lambert doesn't strike me as the kind of manager who goes into January and then sits down and says "Right, who do I want". Assuming we're at neither extreme end of the table, I can't see any deviation from the current path.

I imagine he already knows what he wants in January in terms of positions to be filled. So in that sense it shouldn't matter where we are in the league. The plan should be longer term than that. The only scenario where I could see the January transfer plan changing is if we were in terrible shape in the league and in dire need of a rescue plan a la Darren Bent, but let's cautiously assume at this point that this won't be the case and that it'll largely be a comfortable window. I can see him maybe making 1 or 2 ostensibly unremarkable signings to supplement what's already here. Given that we don't currently have one (that's in favour...), I will guess that the attacking mid will be one of them, if not the only one.

I mean financially or 'quality' wise. For example, if he knows he wants an attacking midfielder, I'd hope he'd be allowed to bring in a Kiyotake or a Belhanda rather than a £2m or £3m gamble if it looks like we can push on for a top 10 finish.

Not that I specifically want Kiyotake, but just as an example, if we look as if we can finish top 10 then we should be adding top 10 quality to our numbers rather than simply adding more numbers.

We already are top 10 quality, as is most of the league strangely enough. We're just not COMFORTABLY top 10 quality. Only 7 sides are Edited by P3te
  • Like 1

Strange that we've been linked to Dempsey. Usually wouldn't give it a second thought but we've got a history of being interested in him.

Well Lambert actually bid for him. The only 'name' he has ever bid for so I'd probably agree with the consensus that the bid was only made to force Genk's hand in the Benteke deal.

I can see us signing maybe a player or two from the continent on a pre contract bosman for next season this January. Money saved on transfer fees would offset the cost of signing on fees and wages. I have no idea who but i can see lambert exploring this market to supplement our squad for next season.

Dempsey impact loan could be a good shout ala keane. Lambert is proving you can be creative with limited funds to slowly build a squad. It was always going to be done in stages due to limited finances and how many players that needed replacing. But I think we now have a solid base to build from. We now have a squad we can begin to supplement and replace slowly with a higher quality & calibre players

Â