Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I must admit one of my least favourite (or maybe actually my least favourite...) 'football logic' things to say is "but there was once this other guy that didn't work out, therefore ...".

• Like 2

I must admit one of my least favourite (or maybe actually my least favourite...) 'football logic' things to say is "but there was once this other guy that didn't work out, therefore ...".

It's no more daft thatn the even more prevalent "x player took time to settle in, so y player will too, after a poor start".

Will Hughes has been playing well for Derby, is a class act, Wickham lived off the U17's tournament where we won and he was physically twice the size of everyone. He really wasn't that good at Ipswich. I'd really be looking at Tom Ince, think we'd be perfect for him.

Ince is a prime example of an over-priced British player in my opinion, the Premier League is littered with them.

• Like 1

It's no more daft thatn the even more prevalent "x player took time to settle in, so y player will too, after a poor start".

Will Hughes has been playing well for Derby, is a class act, Wickham lived off the U17's tournament where we won and he was physically twice the size of everyone. He really wasn't that good at Ipswich. I'd really be looking at Tom Ince, think we'd be perfect for him.

Ince is a prime example of an over-priced British player in my opinion, the Premier League is littered with them.

His contract is running out, he's a constant performer in the Championship, better than Will Hughes IMO on current form. Think he'd add width but honestly can't see us going for him anyway, the players we will go for will be from abroad.

His contract is running out, he's a constant performer in the Championship, better than Will Hughes IMO on current form. Think he'd add width but honestly can't see us going for him anyway, the players we will go for will be from abroad.

He would add width, but that's not how we play, so under Lambert he'd either not play, or look poor.

I watched Ince at a recent England U21 game, the lad is quality and would be a capable addition to the squad. He's got alot of natural ability and a little bit of his fathers attitude which is no bad thing.

His old man was a Billy Big Bollocks.  I wouldn't want this type of player anywhere near the current Villa set-up.

I watched Ince at a recent England U21 game, the lad is quality and would be a capable addition to the squad. He's got alot of natural ability and a little bit of his fathers attitude which is no bad thing.

His old man was a Billy Big Bollocks.  I wouldn't want this type of player anywhere near the current Villa set-up.

Agreed he was arrogant but he had a winning mentality, something we lack.

If he's got an element of that from his father, it's no bad thing.

I think Lambo should be backed with at least £10m + wages and asked to try to sign us 1 or 2 players who might make the impact that Benteke & Bacuna have. I would hope one might be a creative central midfield player but I doubt any cash made available will be near £10m and that we will do any loan deal unless that is all the money available will allow us to do.

I would be happy with Ince permanent, or Zaha on loan. think both would add to our squad, give us a different option in the attacking department and are young, hungry, British players. clearly Inces dad has a lot of say in his career as he managed to convince him that Cardiff wasn't a good move or a good time, I would think he would believe we were a good team to go to.

I dont think we will sign anybody in january unless benteke is sold

Not even a Sylla type signing?

no. I think VP will be very quiet in January, especially if we are stitting around 12th in the league

Â