Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

We never sign decent loan players. Loads of other clubs seem to pick up the odd star on loan whilst we sign Stephen Dawkins

Walker? Keane?

Not in the same calibre as a lukaku or a remy

Keane as a good a player as he was was not hit property when he came to us

Neither was walker

I'm thinking more high profile loans

They cost money, Lukaku cost 3/4million loan fee, on top of that his wages which are on par with CB. Remy is costing them a fortune too, they are picking up the wages that made him sign for QPR.

Yeah and Dawkins was cheap!

Then again you get what you pay for. Lukakau and Remy are both quality goal scorers and Dawkins is rubbish what is better £60k per week for RL or LR compared to £5k for Dawkins? To be honest we would have been better off sending £5k a week to Acorns than that useless idiot? 

Pires? He needs a driver to the games and a runner on the pitch like in cricket?

We never sign decent loan players. Loads of other clubs seem to pick up the odd star on loan whilst we sign Stephen Dawkins

Walker? Keane?

Neither was walker

Did anybody else read this as "had not hit puberty"?

Who's that English bloke who plays in the bundesliga? Perhaps rescue him

Aaron Hunt?

I only want a loan if we have an option to buy!

With respect I've never understood this point of view properly

If a loan arrives and is a massive hit and helps the club move forward, get a better reputation and gives the fans loads of happy memories I really wouldn't care if we couldn't buy him at the end.

Look at the impact Lukaku had on West Brom and is currently having on Everton

I'd love a slice of that at Villa

We had it with Walker...where did that get us?

All it does is gut the team when they leave.

Walker? Keane?

Neither was walker

You said we never sign decent loan players but both of them were decent. Personally I don't care about profile I care about performances and both of those players came in and performed well.

Anyway, we've got Benteke as a permanent squad member and will make big money on him when he is eventually sold. I'd rather have that than loan in someone like Remy or Lukaku for season.

If a loan arrives and is a massive hit and helps the club move forward, get a better reputation and gives the fans loads of happy memories I really wouldn't care if we couldn't buy him at the end.

I disagree.

When he joined us we were languishing near the bottom of the league. He played a big part in keeping us up that year. Both Walker and Keane have showed the value of loan players over the past few seasons. The fact that Dawkins wasn't a good signing was because of his ability as a player rather than the format of his acquisition.

I disagree.

When he joined us we were languishing near the bottom of the league. He played a big part in keeping us up that year. Both Walker and Keane have showed the value of loan players over the past few seasons. The fact that Dawkins wasn't a good signing was because of his ability as a player rather than the format of his acquisition.

He made what, like 3 sub appearances? Even by VT standards, surely that's not enough to judge a player's ability?

I disagree.

He made what, like 3 sub appearances? Even by VT standards, surely that's not enough to judge a player's ability?

The fact that he only made 3 sub appearances would atleast suggest Lambert didn't consider him to be good enough.

Some players are actually better as loan acquisitions. I would never have wanted us to sign Keane permanently for example but as a short-term loan signing it was a great deal.

Agree but he is the exception, most loan players are promising youth players who need experience.  I hate doing this for other teams!

I'd go for Will Hughes too

I'd go for him but we wouldn't get him. Liverpool and the like are sniffing around him.

Derby have a lad on loan from plop,  the rumour is the deal is they get Hughes in Jan and he is loaned back to Derby.

As a matter of fact Dawkins was by far the better player of the two on Saturday

Yeah it sounds like Dawkins has found his level and I don't necessarily mean that disrespectfully. There's no shame in it. Hughes has potential though and he's only starting off. He'll be a Premier League mainstay for years to come in the Ramsey mould although hopefully without the injuries.

Yeah and Dawkins was cheap!

Then again you get what you pay for. Lukakau and Remy are both quality goal scorers and Dawkins is rubbish what is better £60k per week for RL or LR compared to £5k for Dawkins? To be honest we would have been better off sending £5k a week to Acorns than that useless idiot? 

I'm not sure what he did to be called an idiot? More measured responses here. If you were an archer you'd shoot yourself :) — I think that makes sense. Measured...bit like aiming...etc...etc...

Â