Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

First post in here, don't think we will sign anybody - although Dempsey on loan is possible. I'm not expecting us to spend a penny though, I'm not even going to get my hopes up.

I tend to think the same, especially as we have seen hardly anything of Helenius, Tonev and Gardner.

No I'd much rather that impact be better than one relegation battle and a home record to be ashamed of.

That's a completely different issue. I fail to see what that has to do with this?

No it's completely relevant to the type and quality of players signed by Lambert. Are you saying that Lambert's signings had nothing to do with our performances last or this season?

Not as much as you make out. You could make the argument that the players he signed contributed to the position we were in (although that's quite naive IMO and misses a lot of other important factors) but it has nothing to do with signing "finished articles" or not singing them. What matters is that the right players are signed, not how old or experienced they are.

Interestingly, for all the complaints about Lambert not buying "finished articles" his policy seems to be working at the moment as we look a better team than we did this time last year.

I want de bryune permanent!!! never gonna happen but still...

Never say never, what if:

We're top 10, say 8th, come January.

We get him on loan until the end of the season.

We finish the season in 5th place.

Benteke stays and in turn Kev decides he'd be happy to join us permanently!

Yeah never gonna happen.....

De Buyrne isn't that unrealistic surely? Yesterday he was linked to loan moves to Werder Bremen (where he was last season and mid table Bundesliga) Wolfsburg and Anderecht. If Chelsea are loaning him back to the Belgain league that suggests he hasn't got much of a future there.

If they can loan Lukaku to Everton then I don't see why we can't have a chance of getting De Bruyne.

Him on loan i dont think is feasible. After Walker did Lerner not say he would never take another clubs player on loan again. Paying wages and improving a rival competitors player.

I dont see point in it either unless perm deal at end is agreed. Better bringing one of our own younger players on ready for next season

I'm biased but I'd like to give Aron Johannsson a shout. Fits the policy

Bias aside, he is a good striker who can play in multiple positions. Sticking with American strikers, Jozy Altidore still hasn't officially scored for Sunderland. I wonder if he will remain there next season even if they stay up. From what little I saw of him at AZ, Maher really helped Altidore have that ridiculous goal scoring season. Altidore needs to stop playing for awful premiership clubs. He does well for the United States.
I would've liked Altidore over the summer. I think he would've been in a good position to fill in for Benteke and eventually replace him, but he's been pants at Sunderland. With Benteke and Kozak now here, I don't expect him to be happy sitting on the bench with a pecking order of strikers ahead of him since he can only play the target man role.

Aron, on the other hand, would be a good versatile, young player

I have never bought into Jozy. He has all the physical skills, strength/bit of pace/size, but he has never really put it together short of a confederations cup now 4 years gone and a season in a lower league.

I believe it will never happen for him at a bigger level. I am happy for him to prove me wrong, though.

Fair enough. I think can be a decent striker but it won't happen at Sunderland. Would need to move to a more attacking club to really have a fair chance. 

Him on loan i dont think is feasible. After Walker did Lerner not say he would never take another clubs player on loan again. Paying wages and improving a rival competitors player

Simon Dawkins?

Granted we didn't improve him, but he wasn't to know that when the loan was agreed....

Edited by Tayls

Him on loan i dont think is feasible. After Walker did Lerner not say he would never take another clubs player on loan again. Paying wages and improving a rival competitors player

Simon Dawkins?

Granted we didn't improve him, but he wasn't to know that when the loan was agreed....

Had we not an option on him or was he not out of contract at end of loan or something

Simon Dawkins?

Had we not an option on him or was he not out of contract at end of loan or something
Still spent money on the bloke though. Wages/fee... Fairly certain he was already on loan in the states when we decided to take him as well? Edited by Tayls

I think we can probably get Draxler for about £5million....

His grandmother maybe xD Seriously though KDB would be a dream signing... even on loan but it would be down to where we were in the league, where Benteke feels he will be next summer etc.

Simon Dawkins?

Still spent money on the bloke though. Wages/fee... Fairly certain he was already on loan in the states when we decided to take him as well?

There are people on here that earn more then Dawkins. In the grand scheme of things, he pretty much cost us nothing.

Â