Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I think we can probably get Draxler for about £5million....

His grandmother maybe xD Seriously though KDB would be a dream signing... even on loan but it would be down to where we were in the league, where Benteke feels he will be next summer etc.

Whilst I absolutely 100% agree... It's just not the path Lambert will take. Taking these known players is something that will never happen and instead we will continue to look far and wide for cheap talent who haven't had much, if any, media exposure. Everybody knows KDB, and I'm sure he earns more than any of our players as well.

Sorry to be negative.

His grandmother maybe xD Seriously though KDB would be a dream signing... even on loan but it would be down to where we were in the league, where Benteke feels he will be next summer etc.

Whilst I absolutely 100% agree... It's just not the path Lambert will take. Taking these known players is something that will never happen and instead we will continue to look far and wide for cheap talent who haven't had much, if any, media exposure. Everybody knows KDB, and I'm sure he earns more than any of our players as well.

Sorry to be negative.

You are not negative, realistic. If Lambert can afford him he will sign him. Unlikely…your point is valid...

Sorry to be negative.

Indeed Lamberts "thing" is to find the "next" KDB and players like that... That's what we have to do as we are financially constrained.. I like the policy but I think I speak for a lot of us when we wish we would wake up one day and we have signed a player of KDB's quality who would make us a massive force, he can unlock a defense very very easily. It's something we all know we need and Lambert will address this methinks!

Him on loan i dont think is feasible. After Walker did Lerner not say he would never take another clubs player on loan again. Paying wages and improving a rival competitors player

Simon Dawkins?

Granted we didn't improve him, but he wasn't to know that when the loan was agreed....

Had we not an option on him or was he not out of contract at end of loan or something
Still spent money on the bloke though. Wages/fee... Fairly certain he was already on loan in the states when we decided to take him as well?
There are people on here that earn more then Dawkins. In the grand scheme of things, he pretty much cost us nothing.

That's probably true.... But we still took a player on loan...

Sorry to be negative.

Indeed Lamberts "thing" is to find the "next" KDB and players like that... That's what we have to do as we are financially constrained.. I like the policy but I think I speak for a lot of us when we wish we would wake up one day and we have signed a player of KDB's quality who would make us a massive force, he can unlock a defense very very easily. It's something we all know we need and Lambert will address this methinks!

I like the policy also. Really refreshing in some ways. It's like a box of chocolates, never know what we're gonna get.

I agree also in that I wish we could sign a known name, I was most exciting about the links to Kiyotake. Still am, think he would be a great signing and is exactly what we need right now.

Him on loan i dont think is feasible. After Walker did Lerner not say he would never take another clubs player on loan again. Paying wages and improving a rival competitors player.

I dont see point in it either unless perm deal at end is agreed. Better bringing one of our own younger players on ready for next season

You do realise we signed a loan player from exactly the same club 6 months later, Jenas.

Loan, permanent, I don't care as long as we get in a creative player who can improve the first 11.

We have Clark owning CB right now so if in January we still have 3 CBs plus Lowton, I think that's enough.

I think we may go for another striker.

Do we need a creative player?

According to Squawka so far this season in the PL we have created 99 chances. League leaders Arsenal have created 118.  Sunderland have created 77. That puts us in the middle of the pack for chances created. Since we had probably the toughest set of opening fixtures in the league that's actually not a bad total. We would be closer to league leaders Arsenal in chances created if we had an easier set of opening fixtures.

Add to this the Grealish and Carruthers factor. Creative players from our academy we want to give a chance to. Why buy to replace talent we may already have?

We do need another striker. If Benteke is sold in the summer, we need to replace him. Buying  Kozak is a start but you can't replace a player as good as Benteke with one player. We're still in the market for another striker.

Also, we might sell Agbonlahor. If the offer is right. Have a feeling about that.

I doubt a club would come in for Gabby myself. Even when he is playing well, I just can't imagine a club trying to buy him for some reason, not now anyway. 

A few years ago he had a lot of hype around his name but now I think he is set for an entire career, which is good for both him and us, it's a rarity nowadays.

I'm biased but I'd like to give Aron Johannsson a shout. Fits the policy

Bias aside, he is a good striker who can play in multiple positions. Sticking with American strikers, Jozy Altidore still hasn't officially scored for Sunderland. I wonder if he will remain there next season even if they stay up. From what little I saw of him at AZ, Maher really helped Altidore have that ridiculous goal scoring season. Altidore needs to stop playing for awful premiership clubs. He does well for the United States.
I would've liked Altidore over the summer. I think he would've been in a good position to fill in for Benteke and eventually replace him, but he's been pants at Sunderland. With Benteke and Kozak now here, I don't expect him to be happy sitting on the bench with a pecking order of strikers ahead of him since he can only play the target man role.

Aron, on the other hand, would be a good versatile, young player

I have never bought into Jozy. He has all the physical skills, strength/bit of pace/size, but he has never really put it together short of a confederations cup now 4 years gone and a season in a lower league.

I believe it will never happen for him at a bigger level. I am happy for him to prove me wrong, though.

I share your sentiments. For whatever reason or the other, he has completely abandons his technique since he's moved up. Maybe the game is going too fast and he's compromising by trying to use his size.

Counter point, Johannsson with another good appearance

Can't beat the excitement of a new signing however he keeps buying these unknown players in from teams I've never even heard of, this bollocks needs to stop for a bit and give our own kids a shot.

I don't know how anyone else would feel but I would be getting pissed off if I was in some of our own kids boots

Twitter rumours have already started - allegedly Zaha is a 'done deal' on loan in January....... (cannot see that happening myself)

Would love us to get in De Bruyne, even if it was a loan - he could shift our season upwards. No doubt, we'd never afford him in the summer (esp after a WC) but if he could get us three or four places higher in the table our stock would naturally rise.

Another couple of young players I like (all from the Bundesliga) are Firmino and Kevin Volland from Hoffenheim and Nicolai Muller from Mainz - all have real attacking talent (again, no chance in January but possibly summer) and would fit in with Lamberts system and age range!

We have Clark owning CB right now so if in January we still have 3 CBs plus Lowton, I think that's enough.

I think we may go for another striker.

Do we need a creative player?

According to Squawka so far this season in the PL we have created 99 chances. League leaders Arsenal have created 118.  Sunderland have created 77. That puts us in the middle of the pack for chances created. Since we had probably the toughest set of opening fixtures in the league that's actually not a bad total. We would be closer to league leaders Arsenal in chances created if we had an easier set of opening fixtures.

Add to this the Grealish and Carruthers factor. Creative players from our academy we want to give a chance to. Why buy to replace talent we may already have?

We do need another striker. If Benteke is sold in the summer, we need to replace him. Buying  Kozak is a start but you can't replace a player as good as Benteke with one player. We're still in the market for another striker.

Also, we might sell Agbonlahor. If the offer is right. Have a feeling about that.

This is actually something that i dread this January Con especially if Benteke stays beyond January. Lambert has already purchased Kozak, Helenius, Bowery and extended Weimann's contract. We also have Gabby, with Fonz and Bent's probable return from their loan period at the end of the season.

He has to show faith now not only in the strikers he has purchased but try and get the best out of whats already at his disposal before spending more on a position we have more than ample cover for and concentrate his limited budget on weaknesses elsewhere in the team.

Can't beat the excitement of a new signing however he keeps buying these unknown players in from teams I've never even heard of, this bollocks needs to stop for a bit and give our own kids a shot.

I don't know how anyone else would feel but I would be getting pissed off if I was in some of our own kids boots

A lot of these "unknowns" have come in and done pretty well. If our kids are good enough then they will break through eventually.

Him on loan i dont think is feasible. After Walker did Lerner not say he would never take another clubs player on loan again. Paying wages and improving a rival competitors player.

I dont see point in it either unless perm deal at end is agreed. Better bringing one of our own younger players on ready for next season

Has Lerner ever spoke? We've had jenas and Dawkins on loan since. Edited by mikeyp102

What do you lads think about the norwegian player Mats Moeller Daehlie? Something for us? A creative midtfielder. 18 years old. HAd a really good game against Denmakr last night with an assist. Solskjaer rates him really high. He is predicted to be the new "Christian Eriksen" I think he's just the type of the player we need, young and hungry too. Thoughts?

Â