Weather...

Dodgyknees

The wind last night was the worst I can recall round Great Barr. If it's worse tomorrow there's gonna be damage about. Trees I don't recall ever having significant movement in the trunk were noticeably swaying.

I'm living in the red alert zone, in the south-west of Britain: 10km inland from Swansea. 91mph is predicted for my town at 9am tomorrow! This is a "hurricane" (greater than 73mph) according to the Beaufort scale!! Yikes!!! :s My manager's asked us all to stay at home tomorrow so it's a three day weekend. All trains and buses in the county of Swansea are cancelled for the whole morning. 

Edited by robby b

Predictions its going to be the worst Inland storm for 30 years, Starts from around 3am till around 10pm Friday night. Make sure all your devices/power packs are fully charged and you have Candles Matches/Torches at the ready as significant risks that power will be off at various locations. Make sure All garden furniture and pots, wheely bins etc are secure. Batten down the hatches and fastest you're sat belts!.. It's going to be a bumpy ride into Friday Night 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m in the midlands, but not a breath of wind yet.

Yeah, the trees are swaying a little but nothing remarkable by any stretch.  Weather says we should be having 60mph gusts right now. 

Â