Weather...

Dodgyknees

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

What has it got to do with a Union? I doubt the NUJ has rules about journalists not going to dangerous places, its what they do, its part of the job description

Minimise risk? I mean do we really need to have a person standing next to a gale saying it is a bit windy?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Minimise risk? I mean do we really need to have a person standing next to a gale saying it is a bit windy?

Did we really need to send Kate Adie to war zones? I mean it was a bit risky wasn't it?

I doubt anyone's being forced to do it

26 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Why do all of the news have reporters go in dangerous areas looking at the weather? I am surprised that the uk  tv unions ever agree to it.

kind of assumes that the reporters dont want to do it...

id weirdly enjoy it i think

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I appreciate that it's interesting to see the crashing waves on TV but why do we need an idiot in an orange anorak from the BBC standing in front of the camera telling us about it.   

It must cost a fortune and adds nothing to the news.  Just set up a webcam.  

Drama, innit.

Brick Tamland style.

It’s also a great distraction from all the stuff the news should be focused on but don’t want to talk about as it may upset their Tory overlords / lovers.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

_123302914_gettyimages-1238579983.jpg
Porthcawl harbour 

Nice to see lots of people taking the weather warnings seriously.

Live action footage of the 2022 Darwin Awards in action right there.

29 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Guess it's this sort of thing that is the cause for the enhanced warnings

Car driver lucky there.  That falls the other way and he's dead

41 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Guess it's this sort of thing that is the cause for the enhanced warnings

That tree looks slanted the council should have sorted that before this happend. Absolute miracle no is killed or injured 

48 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

kind of assumes that the reporters dont want to do it...

id weirdly enjoy it i think

We stood on Lands end with a couple of storm photographers about 6 years ago on a really windy day, nothing like this but it was still literally breath taking, we loved it, the feeling of natures power never ceases to amaze. 

• Like 2

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

We stood on Lands end with a couple of storm photographers about 6 years ago on a really windy day, nothing like this but it was still literally breath taking, we loved it, the feeling of natures power never ceases to amaze. 

Was at Portland Bill last year on a stormy day, it was marvellous. Wouldn't fancy it today. 

On a not too happy note, a few years back one November there were bad storms and terrific gusts. I was up in Blackpool for a few days and the wind was so strong it could take you off your feet. I read that a woman had been killed as she had been blown into the path of a car. 

• Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

@chrisp65

Whats the latest from the hill? 

spacer.png

bit of a non-event for a few hours, but for the last hour pretty bloody grim

I mean, the **** floorboards were creaking at one point 

It’s supposed to die down from about midday and I’m counting down the minutes…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Was at Portland Bill last year on a stormy day, it was marvellous. Wouldn't fancy it today. 

On a not too happy note, a few years back one November there were bad storms and terrific gusts. I was up in Blackpool for a few days and the wind was so strong it could take you off your feet. I read that a woman had been killed as she had been blown into the path of a car. 

I might have been there too, I was doing a few days at the grosvenor one year and stayed at the travel lodge opposite, the walk back at 3am was ridiculous, scary more like it. 

had to leave my car and walk the last 1/2 mile to work due to the roads being blocked with crushed cars  from falling trees .. thankfully nobody was hurt , had it not bene half term week as there are 2 schools there it could have been quite bad ( assuming the schools didn't shut) 

Our Tree surgeon finished his work literally just in time.

Trees are shaking now and the blokes stayed relatively dry.  It started hammering with rain just as they got in their trucks to drive away. 

Â