Weather...

Dodgyknees

15 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

It's definitely there. Every house I have owned it has said which side I have responsibility for. For me it's always been the left. 

Always been the right for me . 3 houses

Edited by PaulC

I'm a highways engineer in north Warwickshire and work quietly closely with the routine maintenance guys and have just looked at their customer services emergency portal and there must be at least 25 trees that have come down across north Warwickshire and some of them big bastards by the looks of it.

30 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yes, really. What crime have they committed?

I'm genuinely curious what crime they are supposed to have committed?

Crimes against common sense 😁

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Crimes against common sense 😁

Well yes quite but lets not open Pandora's Box

What's the difference between swimming in rough seas and rock climbing or paragliding or any number of other dangerous activities, none of them are crimes and no-one thinks they should be

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

The videos were posted 17 hours ago so maybe old footage?

It wasn't old 17 hours ago, it was a ferry taking Airbus workers across the Elbe in Hamburg yesterday

The account that has posted it is joking (just like it was in the ferry queue video also posted upthread today)

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I'm a highways engineer in north Warwickshire and work quietly closely with the routine maintenance guys

Bet you had to shout up in this weather 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I'm a highways engineer in north Warwickshire and work quietly closely with the routine maintenance guys and have just looked at their customer services emergency portal and there must be at least 25 trees that have come down across north Warwickshire and some of them big bastards by the looks of it.

No way to talk about your maintenance guys. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Well yes quite but lets not open Pandora's Box

What's the difference between swimming in rough seas and rock climbing or paragliding or any number of other dangerous activities, none of them are crimes and no-one thinks they should be

Swimming in the sea, rock climbing and paragliding all carry elements of risks.

Choosing to go climbing, paragliding or swimming in the worst storm for 30 years is pretty idiotic and dramatically increases the likelihood that someone will have to risk their life to come and rescue you.

I thought their might be some kind of crime    along the lines of taking unnecessary risk, reckless behaviour or endangering others but maybe not. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Swimming in the sea, rock climbing and paragliding all carry elements of risks.

Choosing to go climbing, paragliding or swimming in the worst storm for 30 years is pretty idiotic and dramatically increases the likelihood that someone will have to risk their life to come and rescue you.

I thought their might be some kind of crime    along the lines of taking unnecessary risk, reckless behaviour or endangering others but maybe not. 

There isn't, not should there be in my opinion

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I imagine our USA-based VTers are finding all this faintly hilarious. 

Nah. Their infrastructure is far more perilous than ours. 

Most states would probably be in the kind of chaos even a Cobra meeting couldn't solve right now. That would involve some kind of commie state Government to sort out. 

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Nah. Their infrastructure is far more perilous than ours. 

Most states would probably be in the kind of chaos even a Cobra meeting couldn't solve right now. That would involve some kind of commie state Government to sort out. 

I just referring to the actual weather. I'd imagine Eunice wouldn't be worth mentioning in tornado alley. 

Which reminds me - probably one for the "things you wonder" thread, but... why do Americans, in a country notoriously prone to fire, flood and devastating winds, persist in building houses made of wood? Do they not know the story of the three little pigs? 

• Like 1

Â