What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

On 19/01/2019 at 10:38, Risso said:

My new car from good old JLR is having to go back in on Monday.  The "infotainment" system (media player, Satnav etc) hardly works at all and has more bugs than a tramp's vest.  If they don't sort it out, they can have the car back.  No wonder they're doing badly, the quality control on their cars is almost non-existent.

The system in the Porsche works fine but is absolute shit.

All car manufacturers have quality issues and vocal angry customers but I'm starting to see/hear that JLR is getting a really bad reputation for quality. It seems to be issues like @Risso has mentioned (electrical issues surrounding the infotainment systems).

13 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

JLR cars are absolutely shit. Anyone who buys one is a vanity scrub.

Awful cars.  There are much better (but less "cool") cars out there, for half the price - but y'know, it's a JLR, so it must be good. 😏

such as?

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

JLR cars are absolutely shit. Anyone who buys one is a vanity scrub.

Awful cars.  There are much better (but less "cool") cars out there, for half the price - but y'know, it's a JLR, so it must be good. 😏

The getting about bit is normally pretty good with them tbh, as in the driving experience.  We've got four kids, so my wife has a 7 seater Discovery.  I can't think of anything that's half the price that would cart us all around as well, to be honest, even allowing for the "quirky" JLR faults.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone got one of the Toyota self-generating Hybrids? 

Specifically the CHR. 

I’m considering one for my next company car due to HMRC wanting an arm and half a leg for anything ‘normal’. 

Don’t have charge facility at home, so plug-in or pure EV not viable right now. 

BIK looks attractive due to emissions, but I’m not convinced on the MPG. 

23 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Don’t have charge facility at home, so plug-in or pure EV not viable right now. 

BIK looks attractive due to emissions, but I’m not convinced on the MPG. 

Wouldn't work pay for a charging point at your home? They do at ours. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Wouldn't work pay for a charging point at your home? They do at ours. 

I don’t have a drive at the moment mate, just a shared parking bay. That might change as I’m looking to move soon. 

They are installing a load at work, which would help, but I still need a home solution for it to be viable. 

I’d hold off for a bit, but I’m 12 months overdue to change and they are giving me grief about it. 

The tax on any decent standard petrol/diesel car is horrific, even the lower emitting ones. 

We can have salary sacrifice or a cash allowance as an alernative, but it doesn’t work out much better to be honest. 

Thinking of getting my motorcycle license again.

Dad has as original Ducati sitting in the garage at his place.

He has no intention of selling it but doesn't ride anymore, had his other bike stolen.

Best not let two good bikes go to waste!

The M family currently owns a 2013 VW Polo and a 2012 Skoda Octavia estate. They’ve served us well but having just spent £2500 on maintanance for the pair of them I’m in the mood to replace them. 

The Polo probably goes first. I’m looking for something slightly bigger, but not necessarily a family car. Just a bit roomier than a Polo. Preferably electric or hybrid. Any tips?

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Not what I drive, just trying to find out what the make/model of this would be. I'm not a car guy so I suspect the answer is probably obvious to someone who is.

oJHGZgl.jpg

Mid-30s Standard 10.

• Like 2

I think @Chindie is right with the make "standard"  just not sure about the model  , it looked closer to the Standard Big 12 , rather than the 10

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Â