What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Haha. But why? 

I haven't bought a car in over 10 years so I need to be educated on these things. 

Just playing the stereotype mate. And I thought the edition name was a bit cockish :D

That said, I drive 2 Volvos and a Caddy van,  so who am I to talk shit?

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

Just playing the stereotype mate. And I thought the edition name was a bit cockish :D

That said, I drive 2 Volvos and a Caddy van,  so who am I to talk shit?

It does sound abit cockish I guess. But it looks the business! 

It has to be the shadow edition! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 22/05/2014 at 12:10, Dom_Wren said:

when i get my truck paid off in a million years i want one of these:

2012_Ford_Mustang_Boss_302_Laguna_Seca.j

nope, havent got one yet, but missus got a new job and if we can pay off some stuff, hoping this time next year to have one......could trade the truck in, but ive had it since new and even tho its mostly a work truck, we still use it occasionally for big trips (orlando and back last week). So hopefully this time next year, a boss 302!

• 4 weeks later...

I was in Ikea yesterday and in the car park electric charging bay was a fairly ordinary looking VW Beetle - the old air cooled style. But it was being charged.

Sure enough, a little bit of a google and its a real thing.

I think I might be in love.

As for my boring old Hyundai hybrid, 4 of us and a boot full of luggage have just completed a grand tour of Cornwall. So a good mix of M4, M5, decent A roads and Cornish B roads to Polperro and the likes.

I put £40 of petrol in before we set off. Back home now, it'll need another visit to a petrol station in the next couple of days. That's about 500 miles plus, or somewhere over 70mpg. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

My car is beeping at me to have its service done, its 15,000 and 2 years old so I suspect its the 2 year service. I bought it a few months back and checked the book and it hasnt had its 10,000 mile service. Its a Hyundai i30, is this likely to void the warranty?

29 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My car is beeping at me to have its service done, its 15,000 and 2 years old so I suspect its the 2 year service. I bought it a few months back and checked the book and it hasnt had its 10,000 mile service. Its a Hyundai i30, is this likely to void the warranty?

I didn't even know they made cars that long ago!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

It could be that the 1 year service didn't get put in the book?

The book is often just the nice thing for the customer, whereas they've got the 'real' record on computer.

Which by absolute coincidence helps them with return custom when you look to trade, because you can only prove full service history to your own garage...

But you really should have been looking at a German car. They cost far more. 

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

It could be that the 1 year service didn't get put in the book?

The book is often just the nice thing for the customer, whereas they've got the 'real' record on computer.

Which by absolute coincidence helps them with return custom when you look to trade, because you can only prove full service history to your own garage...

But you really should have been looking at a German car. They cost far more. 

Turns out it was optional and only the interim. I will take that as an excuse and worry when Hyundai quibble in the future.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I only went and done it:

2013 mustang boss 302

gotta have it green

444bhp

revs to 7.5k

had 6k miles

quad exhaust

short throw shifter

adjustable sorings

brembo brakes

recaro seats

axtive trac key that changes over 200 performance parameters

2yye6g9.jpg

thing is an absolute beast!!!! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 08/09/2018 at 19:40, LillisGotUsUp said:

Fabulous motor, good for you mate. Very jealous, swap it for my Golf.

Thanks mate! It was such a good deal i couldnt pass it up. Now got to get a little 4 cylinder truck to potter about in during the week and let the boss out on fridays and weekends

• Thanks 1

Â