World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

30 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Still no FIFA decision about Russia.

Poland has been offered a free training camp by Athletic Bilbao and a friendly to thank them for the decision to refuse playing Russia. As I understand Sweden and Cechs have now followed. 

What (and when) will FIFA do? 

In a small defence of them... Probably when the lawyers tell them what they can do... 

Pressure applied.

EXCLUSIVE. The president of the French Football Federation (FFF) says he is ready for the symbolic exclusion of Russia for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

Do you understand that the world of football is asking questions about a possible exclusion of Russia from the next World Cup?

CHRISTMAS LE GRAËT . This is something that I have not yet discussed with other federations. I lean for an exclusion of Russia from the next World Cup. This is my first impulse. Usually, I believe that sport is there to reconcile people and ease tensions. But this is going much too far. And the world of sport, and in particular football, cannot remain neutral. I will certainly not oppose an exclusion of Russia.

Poland, opposed to the Russians in the play-offs in Moscow on March 24, announced that it refused to face Russia. What would France have done in such a case?

It's simple and you don't have to think long. It's dead and we would never have been there. In these dramatic circumstances, how could we have considered playing football against this country? 

You could be told that Russian footballers had nothing to do with the invasion of Ukraine...

Yes, but that would still be too easy. It's not just a guy who decides for himself. Behind, there is a whole country. Of course, this is not the fault of all Russians, but we cannot remain neutral in the face of all this

https://www.leparisien.fr/sports/football/guerre-en-ukraine-je-penche-pour-une-exclusion-de-la-russie-du-prochain-mondial-annonce-noel-le-graet-27-02-2022-WLRL3K3QE5B3NJYSUQ6AUF6RRQ.php

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sne said:

FIFA bottling it of course.

Russia allowed to play, but under neutral flag and no home games. Infantino chooses money once again.

Corrupt cowards. Not surprised. 

• Like 1

It's a complete fudge by FIFA as expected.

Weren't Russia already not supposed to be playing their anthem and colours at world cup if they qualified due to the doping sanctions at past Olympics? So they were already censored and this is just the same thing.

Hopefully these three nations just stick to their guns as close to the play off as possible and then Fifa will have no choice, Russia will have to be banned so Poland get a bye and wait for winners of other tie.

They shouldn’t have to, because FIFA should just ban Russia, but if all of the other teams involved in the playoffs (and I mean in all the different pathways) refused to play their matches as well on the basis that the winners would enter the competition with Russia, then the whole thing falls apart and doesn’t give FIFA much choice right?

14 minutes ago, calcifer said:

I can see Fifa giving 'Russia' a bye if teams refuse to play them, bloody cowards. 

Then nations should boycott the World Cup. 

27 minutes ago, calcifer said:

I can see Fifa giving 'Russia' a bye if teams refuse to play them, bloody cowards. 

It'll only get them so far.

They may get a bye against Poland, but if they get another to get a free pass to the tournament there'll be uproar. 

Hypothetically, if FIFA do nothing more and teams refuse to play them and thus giving them a bye each time then Russia will win the World Cup by default.

FIFA won't want to risk that.

Edited by StewieGriffin

10 hours ago, Xela said:

Then nations should boycott the World Cup. 

That would be the ideal thing to do. I could see most country's agree to it but you would get 1 or 2 rouge country's that would say no. FIFA hopefully  do the right think and boot them out. 

Â