World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

With a genocide in China, the Olympics didn’t care, football isn’t the only sport which values money over human rights and dignity. I hope there are protests or something from some players. There needs to be some pressure applied. We cannot continue to normalise despots. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The Premier League allowed the Saudi government to buy a football team yet nobody is boycotting Newcastle matches. Sure our club even did business with them when most clubs refused

Our government sells them bombs 

Football isn't the battleground 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

Couldn't give less of a **** about this tournament.

It's a tainted disgraceful farce.

I've managed, to my surprise, to avoid 95% of the Olympics this year. And it's a solid top 5 favourite event for me. WC will be no different. **** it!

Bottom-feeder regimes.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tegis said:

I've managed, to my surprise, to avoid 95% of the Olympics this year. And it's a solid top 5 favourite event for me. WC will be no different. **** it!

Bottom-feeder regimes.

WC for me will be because its a pub event, after corona the euros was probably the most I've been out in 2 years, the WC at the moment will be the same albeit with the time of year the pubs will be weird, want to see if they set the Xmas Market stalls up around it and it could be special 

You have to pick your battles as the world is sadly f****d and for me at least it would be impossible to live in a pleasant way if I boycotted all things from places or companies I feel are evil or unjust.

I have some things that I avoid on principle without exception but I know I will end up watching a lot of the Qatar WC just like I've watched some events from the Olympics from China, Russia and so on. I would never travel to tournaments like that thou.

I'd happily have Sweden miss out on the WC, but that would also mean a lot less money coming into the very cash strapped Swedish football system meaning less money for youth football. So I guess I still hope they qualify despite the moral implications. :mellow:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sne said:

You have to pick your battles as the world is sadly f****d and for me at least it would be impossible to live in a pleasant way if I boycotted all things from places or companies I feel are evil or unjust.

I have some things that I avoid on principle without exception but I know I will end up watching a lot of the Qatar WC just like I've watched some events from the Olympics from China, Russia and so on. I would never travel to tournaments like that thou.

I'd happily have Sweden miss out on the WC, but that would also mean a lot less money coming into the very cash strapped Swedish football system meaning less money for youth football. So I guess I still hope they qualify despite the moral implications. :mellow:

If you boycotted the pies the Saudi PIF had their fingers in I'm not sure what you'd have left... They're everywhere 

Said before as a fan I am actually interested in this world cup, I'm not going as I've got a young family and those days have gone but in terms of the scale it's the smallest there's probably ever been and almost definitely will be again, the interaction with other fans should be great especially as in theory the piss heads shouldn't be there, the travelling should be sensible and all the infrastructure is new and purpose built 

If you're me, a mid 30s straight white man, then apart from the beer (which I haven't seen their plans for) it should be a great event to attend 

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Russia should have been expelled from the World Cup qualifying once the decision was made to move the Champs League final

One is UEFA, the other FIFA, guess FIFA are trying to avoid making a decision as long as possible.

14 minutes ago, sne said:

So the Polish FA stating that they will refuse to play Russia in the play off next month and are urging Sweden and Czechia to do the same. Let's see how FIFA handles this.

Let’s say all these teams are given losses, Russia progresses to the finals. Then everybody refuses to play them again… 

Fifa will have to kick them out now. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Let’s say all these teams are given losses, Russia progresses to the finals. Then everybody refuses to play them again… 

Fifa will have to kick them out now. 

It's great that Poland are forcing FIFA to make a decision. The Swedish FA, just like FIFA would have just stayed quiet and waited hoping it would all go away quickly.

Swedish FA are cowards who on a yearly basis takes money from and arranges games against some of the most horrid states in the world defending it with that " the best way to make change is to have dialogues with them instead of boycotting them" . They had to cancel a couple friendlies in Qatar in January due to massive protests from teams and fans.

1 hour ago, sne said:

So the Polish FA stating that they will refuse to play Russia in the play off next month and are urging Sweden and Czechia to do the same. Let's see how FIFA handles this.

1974 World Cup USSR refused to play in Chile as Pinochet was murdering people in the stadium. 

Chile qualified without playing. Infantino is a piece of shit and will probably do similar 

1 hour ago, sne said:

It's great that Poland are forcing FIFA to make a decision. The Swedish FA, just like FIFA would have just stayed quiet and waited hoping it would all go away quickly.

Swedish FA are cowards who on a yearly basis takes money from and arranges games against some of the most horrid states in the world defending it with that " the best way to make change is to have dialogues with them instead of boycotting them" . They had to cancel a couple friendlies in Qatar in January due to massive protests from teams and fans.

Maybe but Swedish FA were the first to be vocal against Russia. All 3 of the countries in that playoff bubble have joined up at this stage

23 minutes ago, sne said:

They said they didn't want to play the game in Moscow, still to state they refuse to play against Russia. 

I imagine they will now that Poland has done it.

Just needed another country to say it first.

• Like 1

Still no FIFA decision about Russia.

Poland has been offered a free training camp by Athletic Bilbao and a friendly to thank them for the decision to refuse playing Russia. As I understand Sweden and Cechs have now followed. 

What (and when) will FIFA do? 

Â