World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

I wonder if Beckham could donate some of his 10 million he has trousered from the Qataris to the work of a fellow former England captain, Kevin Sinfield's 101 mile run?

i wonder if the UK based companies who trousered £1.5bn from Qatar in the last year will do the same?

will norman foster give back his company's fees because workers are dying on his projects?

Edited by villa4europe

Bayern Munich fan banner protesting the club's dealings with Qatar

we'll wash anything clean for money"

contract is up at the end of the season and the fans want the club to find a new airline partner, rummenigge has come out claiming that because of FFP they have to do this and they've made good money from it, he also played the woe is us card claiming that the only way bayern can compete with oil state clubs is from things like this, he's talking bollocks, bayern are filthy rich rich thanks to their owners / sponsors, he's also moaning that other german clubs can invest money thanks to owners taking out long term deals with their owners, VW with wolfsburg for example

if he wasnt already add rummenigge to the list of top table clubs who are utterly deluded and will complain and try and bend things to the benefit of their own club whilst protesting how good it is for everyone

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Tasty play off draw. One of Italy, Portugal or Turkey arent going

Surprised FIFA didn't do a redraw

Don’t the winners of the Italy game play the winners of the Portugal game so only one of those teams are going?

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Sweden/Czechs/Russia/Poland is tough section to call, not much between those teams at all.

It will come down to who has already hit the wall, and who is better on the ball.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Wales and Scotland to face off in the final for a place at the tournament? Could be tasty.

Lots and lots of variations before we get there and personally, I don’t fancy the Austria game, so I don’t think it will happen.

But bloody hell, if it does come down to it, I will sell my soul to qualify by beating Scotland by blatantly cheating and getting away with it.

And then we will all dance on Joe Jordan’s grave. If he’s dead.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Sweden/Czechs/Russia/Poland is tough section to call, not much between those teams at all.

Russia have potentially 2 home games, they are usually really strong at home 

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I've always quite liked Sweden but guess I'll be routing for Poland now we have some Villa representation.

• Like 1

On 24/11/2021 at 17:31, villa4europe said:

Bayern Munich fan banner protesting the club's dealings with Qatar

we'll wash anything clean for money"

contract is up at the end of the season and the fans want the club to find a new airline partner, rummenigge has come out claiming that because of FFP they have to do this and they've made good money from it, he also played the woe is us card claiming that the only way bayern can compete with oil state clubs is from things like this, he's talking bollocks, bayern are filthy rich rich thanks to their owners / sponsors, he's also moaning that other german clubs can invest money thanks to owners taking out long term deals with their owners, VW with wolfsburg for example

if he wasnt already add rummenigge to the list of top table clubs who are utterly deluded and will complain and try and bend things to the benefit of their own club whilst protesting how good it is for everyone

Glad we pissed that colossal arse off in 82

15 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Glad we pissed that colossal arse off in 82

Going OT - how much hype was there around him in the build up to the final? 

I wasn't born but I'm guessing as he finished 2nd in the Ballon Dor 1979 and then won it in 80 and 81 there's a good argument for him being the best player in the world at the time but then with accessibility not being what it is now did anyone really know anything about him? 

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Going OT - how much hype was there around him in the build up to the final? 

I wasn't born but I'm guessing as he finished 2nd in the Ballon Dor 1979 and then won it in 80 and 81 there's a good argument for him being the best player in the world at the time but then with accessibility not being what it is now did anyone really know anything about him? 

I asked my dad, he said he was seem as one of the best strikers in the world but Bayern also had Breitner who was one of the best midfielders too. 

• Like 1

Â